Now we know we’ve no divine right to be in the top flight…

Status
Not open for further replies.
…can we bring an end to the “bed wetter” shouts and just general complacency throughout some of the fan base going forwards please?

I think we can all agree that the supporters played a big part in us staying up

Maybe if Goodison had been a bear pit earlier on then it wouldn’t have gotten as tight and gone so close to the wire?

There were certain folk on here who were always quick to wave away any concerns and attacked supporters when they saw the rot sinking in a few seasons back and pointed it out

We’ve learnt just how fragile our Premier League status is

If we begin to struggle next season then let’s nip it in the bud early and attack it the right way from now on

Last edited:
…can we bring an end to the “bed wetter” shouts and just general complacency throughout the fan base going forwards please?

Maybe if Goodison had been a bear pit earlier on then it wouldn’t have gotten as tight and gone so close to the wire?

There were certain folk on here who were always quick to wave away any concerns and attacked supporters when they saw the rot sinking in a few seasons back and pointed it out

If we begin to struggle next season then let’s nip it in the bud early and attack it the right way from now on
You actually blaming the fans?

Good post this, from week one we have to be fully behind the team, our status is too precarious to dither.
Learn from our mistakes as supporters is vital, all this negative stuff has to go, look how much we all enjoyed the last few games, the match day experience has to be a good one and that will flow onto the pitch.
Lampard can do this, the fans, players and manager are all united as one.

Think ultimately the Benitez appointment is what nearly killed us off simply because it created a huge toxicity in the fanbase which I reckon spread to the players. We only just about recovered after Lampard was appointed and the fans decided to really rally behind the team in the last 8 weeks.

Going forward we really need to maintain the same type of support. Swerve all of the gross negativity whenever we hit a bad patch.

…can we bring an end to the “bed wetter” shouts and just general complacency throughout some of the fan base going forwards please?

Lucky the weather is improving. You'll dry those sheets in no time!

I don’t know what’s confusing you about that to be honest

The supporters played a big part

BUT

We could have done it sooner if we’d all bought in at an earlier time

Even when we lost to norwich there was still insane complacency in some quarters and you were tarred as a “bed wetter” for saying otherwise
Cos we had a fat kopite in charge Mikey.

It was a struggle for me personally to go to Goodison to watch an Everton team under him, I know I wasnt alone.

As for the bed wetter shouts, I dont think I personally made any, I was quite concerned all season.

The bed wetter shout can sometimes be justified though. If we followed the wisdom of some of them then Lampard would've been sacked after the Spurs away game or the FA cup defeat at Palace.

You talk about about making Goodison bear pit and while I think that such atmospheres need to become the norm I also think the standards of the fans has to be matched by the players. Because its no wonder that Goodison can be a graveyard at time with the disgusting lack of effort that comes from some players most of the time. It really doesn't take much to get the old lady going. A bit of fight and passion from the multi-millionaire players is all it takes.

I do agree that its the wrong thing to just dismiss people that have valid concerns about relegation and other issues involving the club but at the same time that has to be tampered with realism too. The reason that many blues on here and elsewhere on social are so easy to dimiss is because they have meltdowns over EVERYTHING! There's no prospective at all half the time. Its easy to dismiss some of them as bed wetters when they have the same massive meltdown at least ten times a season even during a good year!

The bed wetter shout can sometimes be justified though. If we followed the wisdom of some of them then Lampard would've been sacked after the Spurs away game or the FA cup defeat at Palace.

You talk about about making Goodison bear pit and while I think that such atmospheres need to become the norm I also think the standards has to be met by the players. Because its no wonder that Goodison can be a graveyard at time with the disgusting lack of effort that comes from some players most of the time. Because It really doesn't take much to get the old lady going. A bit of fight and passion from the multi-millionaire players is all it takes.

I do agree that its the wrong thing to just dismiss people that have valid concerns about relegation and other issues involving the club but at the same time that has to be tampered with realism too. The reason that many blues on here and elsewhere on social are so easy to dimiss is because they have meltdowns over EVERYTHING! There's no prospective at all half the time. Its easy to dismiss some of them as bed wetters when they have the same massive meltdown at least ten times a season even during a good year!

Yes but if you share a forum with regular posters for a long time you should be capable of distinguishing between genuine and valid concern and wild freak outs right?

That’s the problem. Too many have a blanket reaction to ANY concerns regardless of the context of who is making them and why

Basically, I’d like some nuance

Think ultimately the Benitez appointment is what nearly killed us off simply because it created a huge toxicity in the fanbase which I reckon spread to the players. We only just about recovered after Lampard was appointed and the fans decided to really rally behind the team in the last 8 weeks.

Going forward we really need to maintain the same type of support. Swerve all of the gross negativity whenever we hit a bad patch.
The unity of the fanbase has only been so powerful because it came from the bounce back after Benitez. The division his appointment created, which only worsened as the wheels fell off, was the absolute pits - and I think all of us, regardless of whether we supported him or not, wanted unity.

I don't think we'd have ended the season with this overwhelming sense of togetherness if we'd hired Lampard last June.

Status
Not open for further replies.