Old Everton Pictures

Bally -

1718582081976.webp

The famous boys pen - Bill stood in there you know ..... I only went in omce & I was 17 years old - it was a bear pit - the first & the last time - The view was pathetic - The kids blocked your view by climbing up the cage - I was approached to be mugged twice & had to punch the guy's lights out - Glad to get out of there in one piece TBH - never ever went back in my mate was skint that day - I told him safer in the away end or the Gwladys street end - I offered to loan him the extra , but no it was the cheapest fee to enter Goodison - never again ! - Did BK ever go in ? - I doubt it .._

1718617308748.webp

Ipswich Town v Everton, March 1976 -George Telfer and Ken McNaught battle it out with Trevor Whymark, and David Johnson our former youth prodigy who should never have been used in a swap deal for the useless Rod Belfit plus cash - we got beat 1-0 -

1718617730248.webp

Bullets road improvement at Goodison August 1963- this may have been when the lower Bullens seating was put in above the old paddock before that it was an all standing area - very popular spec back then stood under cover -

1718619079948.webp

Everton squad dining, late 1940s-style. Tommy Eglington, Stan Bentham, T.G. Jones, Ted Sagar, Gordon Watson, Gordon Dugdale, Cyril Lellio and others enjoy the fare in a very salubrious setting :D -

1718619323125.webp

I was right behind this goal Joe hit the bar first with a header & followed in with a great leap like lightning to score to put us 2-0 up v Leeds we won 3 -2 they got 2 late goals - we finished their unbeaten record - & went on to become Champions -

1718619400667.webp

19th April 1969; Burnley winger David Thomas in action against Manchester United, at Old Trafford. We eventually signed him -after he went to QPR - how we missed signing him in the first place is a mystery - he became a great winger for us -

1718619567841.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back