Old Photos Of Where You Live

That happened to me and a mate at the Jolly Miller once. You have to be careful if you nip in for a pint and end up winning the jackpot!
It's a funny thing with pub competitions, especially quizes, you can have good hand/eye skills and beat them at snooker pool or darts and you'll get credit for skill even if you batter them.
But if you win the quiz by actually 'knowing stuff' - nah
I've had people say - "it's not 'fair' you know stuff," like they sort of class it as nearly but not quite cheating.
The moaning got so bad at one place (wools) about the scouser always winning that the landlord instituted a handicap system to spread the winnings about.
-5 if you won
-3 for 2nd
-1 for 3rd
Which decreased by 1 each week you didn't 'make the podium'
I was still making my beer money on it most weeks, at one stage I was on -12:pint2::lol:

Wools

If it’s looking towards Prescot and the church in the distance is the one by the Deans house pub does that make it Warrington rd we are looking along, where the tram is and Huyton lane is on the right?
Yes, that's right. (pedant alert😀) It is Liverpool Rd, Prescot. Which then becomes Derby St and then High St. It doesn't become Warrington Rd until by the Big Chppy. Sorry about that😀

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back