On Easter Saturday long ago....

Status
Not open for further replies.

And on Easter Saturday even longer ago 1970.....we were on holiday, as every Easter, in Wales. But I was sat in the car with my bag of crisps and bottle of lemo outside a country alehouse (usually they were in there for about two hours) listening to a crackly radio commentary as we started the run in to our League Championship... Everton 5 Chelsea 2. I did get to see them win it the week after ...and Colin's cracker.

...1987 to be exact.

I was packed into the Witton Lane end of Villa Park as a Kevin Sheedy goal gave us the victory which all but settled the title race in our favour :celebrate:

COYBB
One of those games where we had more there than the home fans I think mate,15/16000 thousand I would have said,Stoke on the 1985 title run in being another,Notts County in 1984 in the FA Cup another too,great days and times to be an Evertonian:)

And on Easter Saturday even longer ago 1970.....we were on holiday, as every Easter, in Wales. But I was sat in the car with my bag of crisps and bottle of lemo outside a country alehouse (usually they were in there for about two hours) listening to a crackly radio commentary as we started the run in to our League Championship... Everton 5 Chelsea 2. I did get to see them win it the week after ...and Colin's cracker.
And on Easter Monday we won 1-0 at Stoke(Whittle)

I was there too - think crowd was 31000, at least 15-16000 blues there. Superb! To think just two and a half years later they mullered us 6-2. An unbelievable turnaround for that great team. Was there for that one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.