One Last Rallying Cry - Wembley bound.

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 24970
  • Start date Start date

Do you have one more 90 minutes of positivity left in you ?

• Yes - with lots of help from alcoholic beverages.

Votes: 90 55.9%
  • No - Hang the brown shoes up on the cable wires above.

Votes: 53 32.9%
  • Boooooooooooooooo

Votes: 18 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Players have shown when the fans make it special they react ,like the euro nights last year, just maybe the noise created by 32,000 drunk evertonians can strangle a performance out of them.

"We're on the march with, cough cough's, army". I wonder if we will sing this tomorrow and most fans omit the Roberto bit or barely mumble it?

I've just been watching Rick Stein's prog on Bourdeaux etc, has relaxed me no end and taken my mind away from dreading the game. Feel a lot better about it now. Bring it on and go get them Everton. I've been supporting Everton for 44 years and I am not going to let a crap manager spoil our big day out.

Dear, oh Dear, oh dear.... Derby day wasn't much to shout about was it ?!
Now I know what your thinking ! Here goes another Wembley thread :rant: please hold back those Booo's.
Given last night was one of - if not the worst derby performance we have seen (there has been a few), its fair to say that the fence Chico was sitting on has finally rotted away into nothing more than scrap reserves suited to a birds nest in the esk's vast acres of land and trees.

Whilst the majority thought Roberto's time was up long ago, there was a small section under the stewardship of Dave kicking K that stood by the Catalan overlord every step of the way, maybe some still do walk side by side with the man until he is no longer manager of Everton Football Club, something that should be admired once the dust settles during one of our weekly western shootouts that seem to happen all to frequently after another draw or loss.

Roberto cuts a very lonely figure on the white line that Mr Fowler is probably all so desperate to sniff up given the chance, it is an image that really hurts, even though I am a self confessed member of the Martinez Out brigade. I really want the smiling, positive, bobby brown shoes to succeed, if he succeeds then Everton succeeds. Not only for Everton FC but for Bobby the person, many agree that 'he gets us', unfortunately in the world of football he isn't getting the one thing that matters - results. Results/victories that are receding just as quickly as our bobby's hairline. A one way ticket to the back door of Goodison Park with nothing more than what could of been and a P45 seems inevitable.

However as long as Martinez is in charge we shouldn't get too personal, after all the players and staff need to be held responsible too, regardless of if you agree with your boss or not, as long as he is paying you a handsome wage then you should follow his instructions until your retirement or the day you leave, after all its the fans that pay ridiculous sums of hard earned cash to expect nothing more than 100% and at Everton that's all we ask for, wins and losses come and go in soccer, its what makes it fun, last minute draws in a day long trip down to Bournemouth often countered by a last minute winner against the horse punching barcodes nothing is guaranteed, except for the journey of 38 league games, just look at Leicester City !

Hurling abuse at the face of Everton smartly dressed in brown sneakers is just not the Everton way, bullets in the post and having local MP's raise concerns in the houses of fraud is not something we are very skilled at. That is not to say I don't believe the fans should make their feelings known to the board, of course we need to do something, but lets leave the answers to the professionals, im sure there are many experienced fans out there with the telephone numbers for a couple of decent pilots with a few spare bed sheets lying around accompanied by a fresh pack of stabilo's.

Part of me wants to see our very own Bruce Wayne and Roydo Robin swoop in and place Martinez in the back of the Mercedes Sprinter parked in a dark alley way, shake him up and tell him he has one more chance and not to blow it come Saturday.

Yes that's right fellow bloo's, we have a tiny matter of a semi final against the not so mighty Man united.
Mark it in your diary, it could be the most defining match in recent years for everyone who adorns the crest of Eberpton. Martinez wins - he fights another day, we fight another day. Lose and he is as good as gone, whether its official on the day or the final day of this horrific season remains to be seen.

Now here is were the rallying cry comes into this long winded snooze fest.

Regardless of who starts this Saturday, regardless of if we play with no centre backs or 5 makeshift Italian stallions steeped in the art of defending, regardless of your opinions on Senor Martinez, for just 90 minutes I beg every Evertonian to get behind the team and show Dem Mancs that they are not going to have it as easy as the lot across the park did. It would be all too easy to turn up at Wembley having had one chang too many shouting Martinez out and booing the figure standing next to us only to realise its our own shadow ! Sod it lets just boo our own shadows anyway don't want to leave anybody out now do we ?! In it together and all that...

Until the board make a move, being full of anger, depression, sadness and the NEA attitude will help nobody. The players look like they are feeling the same way we do, McCarthy being sent off at palace along with Mori just has the air of being fed up and frustration - who can blame them ?
21 years need I say it twice, is a long time for a club with a rich history such as ours to go without winning a silver pot. I know that and you know that - WE know that.

Lets look back at 1995, the odds were against us, quality of players was against us, the media was against us, how dare little old dogs of war get involved in the mighty affair of Spuds vs. Devils.
History states that not only did we interfere but we conquered, what was the important factor during that run ? Was it Daniel Amokachi deciding he was chosen to finish off the semi final ? Was it simply the appointment of Joe Royle ? maybe it was abit of both but there was a third element to the equation and probably the most important Support. The players need to feel, hear and see that come kick off this Saturday irrespective of Wednesday and the months of hard slog that precedes it, we are going to Wembley to back our lads from the first whistle to the last, if they show fight, determination and pride in wearing the royal blue jersey, then we are on their side and not their backs. I hope that I am one of many down there for the team. See you there fellow chosen ones :cheers:

Quite simply Everton: MAKE US PROUD

Great post mate.

Not looked forward to going a game for a long time, but I am tomorrow. Can't wait to see fellow blues travelling down, at the service station and us taking over Wembley. God I hope we win so we're going back in May. Come on you blue boys.

When we are getting battered there is one song we should sing on repeat, and I'm in.

I've never felt more like singing the Blue's / When Everton win / and Liverpool lose / Oh Everton / You got me singing the Blue's /

Were on the march with Howard's army would be a nice touch.

It would indeed, nice idea.

I remember the 1986 semi at Villa Park, with Sheff Wed managed by Howard Wilkinson and 48,000 fans all singing "we're on the match with Howard's army". Hair on back of neck time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back