One more win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easier said than done, tomorrow will be hard, basically a relegation decider for West Ham. Portsmouth will be a hard game... as for Chelsea and Man Utd... :unsure:

I have faith we'll manage it though. COYB :biggrin:

we will get minimum 7 points from the last 4 games. I am confident of that. in fact. I am off to the bookies right now

reading away to bolton and pompy away to villa. i don't think either will win.

if we beat the happy hammers that should decide it. thank god for the extra place so we don't have to worry about spurs.

reading away to bolton and pompy away to villa. i don't think either will win.

if we beat the happy hammers that should decide it. thank god for the extra place so we don't have to worry about spurs.

Just worry about our own games. If we win then yes we're assured a place. Doesn't have to be this week :) (but it will be 2-1 at that!)

nice that 7th place safety net is there though.... but with TV money going on where you finish, we still HAVE to give every game 2000%.

A win today you would think would be good enough for us to qualify for europe, ( and probably would be ) but until it's mathematicaly settled then the nerves are going to be on edge.
Playing euro footy again would be a dream come true, i bless the day that Moyes became our manager.

Looking like no more wins judging from our run in that's left.

RJ, you are too pessimistic. 2 home games remain, and we are definitely stronger at home than most others in the PL.

We will beat Portsmouth even if AJ cannot play. And don't write us off completely next week either.

Lets examine the few positives about today, including some negatives than can be inverted.

BT: well although DM is still championing him in the press a fit Vic or even Vaughan are possible for the next match. With luck BT may well have kicked his last ball in the first team. His confidence, already severly damaged, must now be none existant.

Fernandes: He should be in the starting line up for the next game. That has to be huge plus factor.

Valente: must be avaible for selection for the next match

Phil Nevile: we were markedly better when he went off, is this telling us something, was he injured or was it tactical. PN's short game, and I've said for ages, is woeful.

Leon Osman: Anyone worth their salt could see today that the lad, huge heart that he has, does not deserve automatic first team selection, too small, too lightweight. I'd keep as a squ8ad player and send him to BT pieshop hoping he'd fill out.

VDM: If he couldn't get on the park when everyone almost were having 'mares then he is for the door.

In the next few days DM will have a chance to get a better squad together for the Utd game, [Poor language removed] Boro put the wind up them at OT so why can't we with a much stronger squad beat them at home.

COYB

Nev was replaced to give a more attacking dynamic to the team. He is a defensive midfielder where as MF is a very inventive attacking midfielder.
When Moyes made the sub he was basically going for broke and leaving his backline wide open. Good tactic, but I think he should have done it a lot sooner.
Personally I wanted him to take Beattie off and push Faddy up and Ossie in the hole rather than Ossie in the hole, Faddy on the left and useless Beattie up front (which is what happened).
I believe Beattie cost us that game I really do. We have NOTHING in attack when he plays. Absolute zero. And opposing defenders know it.
Even though he is a target man, he never won anything in the air. He was out jumped pretty much everytime.
When he plays we pretty much hit route one football all the time. Crying shame when you see how well MF and Arteta can (and did) link up in midfield given the chance.
I would play any other striker (even a reserve team lad) before Beattie again.
I would also stick Beattie in the reserves until he got his confidence back and scored. If an offer comes in for him over 2m take it tbh. Cut your losses Kroldrup style and move on.

Hi Monty

BTurd should never play again, had so many chances to prove himself all a waste of time.

Fernandes should be in every game and not used for half a game to keep the bench warm.

Hope Valente is fit so we can play Lescott at CF.

Neville to be honest best at LB or nothing.

Osman more and more strikes me as a Barlow/Branch clone. Think Silva should play rather him.

VDM, who is he, have we signed a new player in January that was not publicised?

Hi Monty

BTurd should never play again, had so many chances to prove himself all a waste of time.

Fernandes should be in every game and not used for half a game to keep the bench warm.

Hope Valente is fit so we can play Lescott at CF.

Neville to be honest best at LB or nothing.

Osman more and more strikes me as a Barlow/Branch clone. Think Silva should play rather him.

VDM, who is he, have we signed a new player in January that was not publicised?

Robert we are in harmony there my old chum.

Regarding BT, I find it astonishing that he hasn't been given time in the reserves in order to capture some semblence of form. After his calamatous performance at the weekend I can see him staying with us until his contract runs out, just like Wrongy, because no one wants him and do you blame them, christ not even Newcastle, the home of lost causes have made a bid.:angry: :angry: :angry:

When you think of some of the players we have got stuck with, is Everton a home for unwanted players? Are we running some sort of benefit system for these players.

When you think of some of the players we have got stuck with, is Everton a home for unwanted players? Are we running some sort of benefit system for these players.

Going back over the years I'd shudder to think Robert although BT must be amongst the most expensive flops with Billic. I don't count Koldrup because we got money back for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back