One positive from last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rochdaleblue

Player Valuation: £50m
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...n-started-eight-English-players-Man-City.html
Don't know if this has been posted anywhere. But it's nice for the club for receiving such recognition for the amount of English players in the team from the national press. Gareth Southgate was there, I'm sure he must have been impressed by Pickford, Keane, DCL and Rooney. It will be interesting to see if any make Southgate's squad when it is announced.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...n-started-eight-English-players-Man-City.html
Don't know if this has been posted anywhere. But it's nice for the club for receiving such recognition for the amount of English players in the team from the national press. Gareth Southgate was there, I'm sure he must have been impressed by Pickford, Keane, DCL and Rooney. It will be interesting to see if any make Southgate's squad when it is announced.

I would have thought coming away with a point was the one positive, Rich.

Albeit I was disappointed it wasn't all three given the goal start and numerical superiority we had when the second half started :)

As to having so many English players in the team, given the fact the best players are mostly foreign then I would rather we were having more of latter in our ranks.

I don't want us receiving pats on the head and platitudes from a newspaper which generally ignores us except when trying to flog off our best talent when I feel that to fill our team with English players will see us fall further behind the top teams :(

That's a great stat, don't want any of them playing for England though. Williams should also be considered, as he's only pretending to be Welsh!

I hope none of our players ever get picked for England ever again. Or any other national team for that matter.

But I guess they will want to be picked so shouldn't be so selfish.
We have suffered greatly with injuries sustained on international duty last season (Coleman, McCarthy and Funes Mori). However although supporters don't care much for their players being selected for international duty, most players considerate it the utmost accolade within their careers (along with winning trophies). Also if the likes of Keane and Pickford can become regulars for England, not only will it raise the profile of the club further, but also the club becomes a more attractive proposition to potential targets, as they feel they can realise their international prospects with us.

We have suffered greatly with injuries sustained on international duty last season (Coleman, McCarthy and Funes Mori). However although supporters don't care much for their players being selected for international duty, most players considerate it the utmost accolade within their careers (along with winning trophies). Also if the likes of Keane and Pickford can become regulars for England, not only will it raise the profile of the club further, but also the club becomes a more attractive proposition to potential targets, as they feel they can realise their international prospects with us.

Agree totally mate. And when I cared more for international footie I was always happy to see Everton boys playing.

Now it just terrifies me.

Agree totally mate. And when I cared more for international footie I was always happy to see Everton boys playing.

Now it just terrifies me.
I don't think it's just Everton fans, I think most supporters (myself included) have less interest in the national team. I think we are fed up of a bias towards the so called big clubs in selection and the ongoing poor performances in big tournaments. My interest in international football is only increased when Everton players are involved. Let's hope the English contingent at Everton enjoy success at club and international level.

Unlikely , but if we started with a back three of Jags, Keane, Holgate; wingbacks of Baines and Kenny; get Ross fit , tell to stop pissing about as he's playing midfield with Davies; Lookman on the left , Rooney on the right with DCL leading the line we'd have a complete set of 11. Compared to a "foreign brigade" , if injury free, : Stek, Coleman , Williams, Funes Mori, Martina; Gana, Schneiderlin ; Miralas, Siggi, Klaassen; Sandro. They should play each other in a charity game , every spectator would find somebody there to boo.

I don't think it's just Everton fans, I think most supporters (myself included) have less interest in the national team. I think we are fed up of a bias towards the so called big clubs in selection and the ongoing poor performances in big tournaments. My interest in international football is only increased when Everton players are involved. Let's hope the English contingent at Everton enjoy success at club and international level.
I'm not English so don't really care and rarely watch them , but over the years I've watched more U17s to u21 England games than full internationals, purely when one of our youngsters is playing . It's quite often the first real chance I get to compare them against their peers both English and foreign and it's quite exciting seeing a youngster make an impression for the first time e.g. Morgan Feeney at U17s/u18 level.

Status
Not open for further replies.