Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Transfer Speculation: Summer 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This guy is pretty awful for transfer news. But yeah it does look like Zlatan will be here next season

Really excited about that transfer as I think he could put us in a position to challenge for the league. Him providing the link up play for Martial on the left will be fantastic to watch...we just need to fix the right wing position, midfield and defence now...so eh yeah lots of improvement needed.

Zlatan in the premier league...really can't wait for the season to start. Really has the potential to be the most exciting season ever considering how open the league is now and all the potential match ups.

There they go starting their name chasing. 34 year old forward who's mostly stood around for 2 years in a league equal to the championship. Now pushes rashford out of the lineup maybe Rooney out of the team.

Awful football move. Good for newspaper sales though.

I would have Zlatan in a heartbeat.

Vardy just won't suit arsenals style of play at all, strange signing

typical wenger/arsenal recently. they just seem to buy players and wonder how they'll fit in after. they need a proper world class striker, but they end up buying welbeck's and vardys.

think he'll do alright there if it goes through, nothing more than alright though - he'd be much better off staying at leicester imo.

Vardy is mental if he goes to Arsenal. And Arsenal are mental if they spend big money on Vardy.

Don't get me wrong, obviously a good player, but the wrong age for a big buy, and at Leicester he's in a system designed specifically for him.

That transfer would make no sense whatsoever for anyone. Proper weird.

You might go for both ;)

That would be a good window, but it'll leave a slightly bitter taste in the mouth watching us strip Leicester. Then again, this isn't Wall Street the movie and my Charlie Sheen guilty conscience will disappear up the swanny if we win shiny cups with them.

Leicester will only use the money to "Do unto others as is done unto you".

For what it's worth I hope he stays but won't blame him for taking the chance.

Vardy is mental if he goes to Arsenal. And Arsenal are mental if they spend big money on Vardy.

Don't get me wrong, obviously a good player, but the wrong age for a big buy, and at Leicester he's in a system designed specifically for him.

He's had one good season.

One.

He's 29.

And a horrible little rat.

This is a world where players like Edinson Cavani and Gonzalo Higuian exist and Arsenal can afford them. Wenger must be going senile.

I'm waiting to see how we set up with him in the team. But everyone forgets the 2001-2005 Arsenal scored a ridiculous number of goals with really fast counterattacks, Henry spearheading and being joined by Vieira,Ljungberg etc

Imagine that being Vardy,Sanchez and Ozil or Cazorla providing the ammo. It's a plan B or back to an old formula. If he signs we'll see if that's what we'll do.

We've bought 2 solid CM's in the last 6 months to add to Coquelin and the CB's we're looking at are proper units not ball playing munchkins anymore. We're also looking at Rodriguez as a leftback. This all seems to point to going back to making proper use of the wings and not just reliant on intricate passes through midfield. It's early days, we might end up with none of these targets but it's his(AW) final season so expect him to go for it.....here's hoping..

He's had one good season.

One.

He's 29.

And a horrible little rat.

This is a world where players like Edinson Cavani and Gonzalo Higuian exist and Arsenal can afford them. Wenger must be going senile.

Wouldn't touch Cavani with a barge pole and Higuain is off to PSG.

I'm waiting to see how we set up with him in the team. But everyone forgets the 2001-2005 Arsenal scored a ridiculous number of goals with really fast counterattacks, Henry spearheading and being joined by Vieira,Ljungberg etc

Imagine that being Vardy,Sanchez and Ozil or Cazorla providing the ammo. It's a plan B or back to an old formula. If he signs we'll see if that's what we'll do.

We've bought 2 solid CM's in the last 6 months to add to Coquelin and the CB's we're looking at are proper units not ball playing munchkins anymore. We're also looking at Rodriguez as a leftback. This all seems to point to going back to making proper use of the wings and not just reliant on intricate passes through midfield. It's early days, we might end up with none of these targets but it's his(AW) final season so expect him to go for it.....here's hoping..

Still doesn't make sense to me sorry.

Mahrez and Kante would be the two to asset strip from Leicester if anything. Vardy is a thick northerner, completely the wrong age and could easily be exposed as a try hard ratter if things aren't tailored around him completely.

I'd be a bit confused by it if I were an Arsenal fan - you could be making another Jeffers like mistake here.

ricardo rodriguez? top class player, we know ha

the thing is, why has this taken a decade to do? what you mention is what people have been saying arsenal need to do for 10 years (cech included), and why are they going about it so slowly? could have been done in one swoop of a transfer market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back