Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I will bite!

But is it not true then?

A January window signing is an instant impact signing surely! But no ours isn't fit for weeks.

He used to be a snail in a former life, apparently the snail pace has leaked into this life ONLY in getting up to fitness, word is once he's up to full fitness he can give Hussain Bolt a run for his money.

It does worry me a bit that he wasn't on the bench yesterday. You would have thought that he'd be fit enough for 15/20mins by now. Especially when Kone is the alternative.

No I'm not.
Doesn't it concern you that we have shelled out £13.5 million on a player who isn't fit enough to at least get on the bench?
Ronnie Goodlass was talking about this yesterday - basically be patient and let him get fit. If he hasn't played since early Decemeber (winter break?) then it doesn't matter what his fee is, he needs to get match fit or he'll be awful.

Give him time for fitness and he may be brilliant.

Ronnie Goodlass was talking about this yesterday - basically be patient and let him get fit. If he hasn't played since early Decemeber (winter break?) then it doesn't matter what his fee is, he needs to get match fit or he'll be awful.

Give him time for fitness and he may be brilliant.
I hope so, as the alternative is to pretend that Tom Cleverly is an attacking left-sided player or that Kone is a winger.

I hope so, as the alternative is to pretend that Tom Cleverly is an attacking left-sided player or that Kone is a winger.
If Russia has a winter break, and he hasn't played for two months or so, you could spend £50m on a player and they'd be pants, purely down to fitness.

Essentially he needs a mini pre season but apparently he's doing intensive fitness training at FF.

If Russia has a winter break, and he hasn't played for two months or so, you could spend £50m on a player and they'd be pants, purely down to fitness.

Essentially he needs a mini pre season but apparently he's doing intensive fitness training at FF.

By the time we bought him he should have been a couple of weeks into their mid season pre season so to speak including having played a few friendly games mate - as they tend to recommence that around the 12th of January after the Orthodox new year/Chrimbo period is over

I'm of the opinion that seen up close first hand he is 'more raw' ability wise than the manager thought he was now he's left wanting to get him fully fit before he gets him a game, a more technical or finished player i think wouldn't need so much work before getting his début. Lukaku's comments the other day tend to mirror that tbh

By the time we bought him he should have been a couple of weeks into their mid season pre season so to speak including having played a few friendly games mate - as they tend to recommence that around the 12th of January after the Orthodox new year/Chrimbo period is over

I'm of the opinion that seen up close first hand he is 'more raw' ability wise than the manager thought he was now he's left wanting to get him fully fit before he gets him a game, a more technical or finished player i think wouldn't need so much work before getting his début. Lukaku's comments the other day tend to mirror that tbh
Raw can be good in itself though.

Are we fuming about this bloke already, before he's even had his name on the team sheet?

Hahahahaha special.

Agreed, but I'm still wondering why he can't be fit enough for 15 minutes off the bench, especially when the alternative is Kone.

I understand that he's not able to play 90 right now, fair enough, but a bit puzzled why he isn't on the bench.

Been training really well apparently but the Manager doesnt deem him ready. Was hoping to see him in the Cup next week but even that doesnt look like it will happen. Probably after our warm weather training camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back