Our Remaining Six Games Of 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few of us got slaughtered after early season predictions, in fact a poster went to great delight and effort in quoting us.
Myself, I think Burnley and Newcastle is the only winnable games,although the 'Everton that' curse might rear its head.
Although us beating Chelsea to aid the rs would be the most 'Everton that'.
The laws of averages, which we never get, should give us 7-8 points,I'm sticking with that.

The answer to the opening post is yes .

As our world class manager has already written off getting anything at all from the fixtures in December, why should we think any different? Inspirational isn't it - the players must be hyped listening to the words of wisdom from him.

Not sure why we can't beat Newcastle - must be that he doesn't want to upset the camel punchers by beating them, so as not to tarnish his reputation there, and the possibility of another huge paycheck if they ever offer him the job.

He's confident once we get all our injured players back (all two of them) we can pick up points in January - sadly I'm not.

Arsenal 0-1 or 0-0 if we are extremely lucky
Palace - the same
Chelsea 0 something.. could be as many as 5
Leicester score draw
Burnley Dominic scores a fluke in the 90th (Everton style, dominate and fail to score) phew..
Newcastle 2-0 up inside ten minutes. then hang on after a fluke 89th minute reply

so.. 7 points from the last three..

I know people say we won't be relegated but based on recent results , the bottom 3 have closed 7 / 5/5 points on us respectfully.

At that rate, we are very close to being overtaken within a couple of weeks without results on the board.

Given two of those teams had not won a game until recently , that is a alarm bell if there was one. Even if our best 11 would roll them over.

You might notice that The Kopite Fixture and TV Match arranger has done us good and proper this season

Burnley (1 day extra to prepare compared with opponent) WIN
Villa (2 less) LOST
Watford (1 less) LOST
Spurs (1 less) DREW
Brentford (1 less) LOST
Liverpool (1 less) LOST
Arsenal (1 more)
Palace (1 less)
Chelsea (1 less)
Burnley (1 less)
Newcastle (1 more)
Brighton (1 less)

That's 3 with more recovery/prep time and 9 less.
all the rest - opponent played on same day in previous match.

When's DCL back, it's sad that we are so reliant on 1 player but in these fixtures he could well be the difference between winning 3 or 4 of them and getting out of these 6 fixtures with maybe 4 points.

6 points from the last 2 games (Burnley + Newc) is the absolute max for me. 0 points from Arsenal, Palace, Chelsea or Leics methinks. We're 100% at the point where it's every bit as important how the teams around us are fairing, let alone just our results.

Status
Not open for further replies.