Our squad and their ages

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole point of the thread was to look at our squad, and discuss how we might move forward, be it bring in the youngsters, clear the dead weight, aim for a squad of equal age that can grow together instead of having to buy/sell every year etc etc.

It certainly wasn't just to create a huge Cahill debate.

Cahill is only one factor.

It has been established that he is a vital component in our teams infrastructure.

Without offering the point, we wouldn' have established this, so job done on Cahill. (y)

Surely there are thoughts about other options, and strategies that we might be able to utilize.

Throwing this here because we're on the Cahill tip...

Tim Cahill believes that the team spirit at Everton is something which you can’t buy.

The midfielder was part of the side which came from a goal down to beat BATE Borisov 2-1 on Thursday evening, despite fielding a weakened team.

“You cannot buy what we’ve got here. We keep doing it year after year,” he said.

“We’ve had thin squads but we work together and come through adversity. We play really hard for this club and it is brilliant to be part of it.

“When injuries come up we just deal with it. Results like this are the pinnacle of what we do.

“This is the best squad I’ve ever played in and the most competitive as everyone is battling for places.

“So while we had a thin squad against BATE we still put out a decent team and one that was capable of getting a good result.”

“We are nowhere near being qualified yet but you can’t ask for any more with two wins from two games,” he added.

“Playing in Europe is massive for everyone. Personally I thrive in these games. Every year you give yourself a goal and a lot of players are thankful to be at this club.

“Though it might not have seemed the case, the start of the season was good for us. We knew we could only get better, so did the manager, and we are happy.”

Cahill: You can’t buy Everton’s team spirit | Everton Daily

Row away, Tim.

Cahill Schmahill.

Anyone who writes about Cahill again in this thread will be banned, or at least forced to wear pink bunny pyjamas at the next match. :dodgy:

We are one or two players away from being a very good side in my opinion, we have a great mixture of youth and experience. Players who have been there and done it, players who have alot to prove and youngsters trying to make a name for themselves.

We are one or two players away from being a really good side in my opinion, we need to keep this squad together and build on it.

We are one or two players away from being a very good side in my opinion, we have a great mixture of youth and experience. Players who have been there and done it, players who have alot to prove and youngsters trying to make a name for themselves.

We are one or two players away from being a really good side in my opinion, we need to keep this squad together and build on it.

How :)

Yakubu is 26

Wont be 27 till the 22nd of November

Same day that Fellaini turns 22

:P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back