Paris Olympics 2024

These modern swimsuits for the women are something else.
Where have their busts gone?

Was a time when the GB suits were see through too. Now sadly gone

...judged by humans on their perception of what counts for 9.5 or 9.8 or whatever.

It's purely subjective in the end, unlike many/most other sports.
Dave, how many years have you been a gymnast scorer? I had no idea. I'm a complete novice in this field so I'm gonna ask the expert, what did she do that didn't deserve gold, what moves were slightly off? Layman's terms will suffice.

Can anyone tell me why “Team GB” doesn’t exist anywhere else but the olympics?

It exists at International athletics like the Worlds & Europeans, it also exists in the Davis Cup in Tennis. There are probably others in the minor sports international events at all?

Dave, how many years have you been a gymnast scorer? I had no idea. I'm a complete novice in this field so I'm gonna ask the expert, what did she do that didn't deserve gold, what moves were slightly off? Layman's terms will suffice.
But that's just my point: my judgement is as valid as anyone else's because the sport doesn't have definitive measuring points.

It's not like I can say that I think one 400M runner was really better than the winner as the clock underlines the point that they weren't.

Anything that's subject to human judgment over style, content and presentation is liable to being corrupted. It just is, and there's no getting round that.

Jack of all trades does not apply to Davek.

Expert in absolutely everything that has happened on earth and with a strong opinion to boot, an opinion that generally seems to take all the enjoyment out of it for him.

Biles is not only an amazing gymnast and athlete but an amazing person as well. She has transcended the sport to be a global superstar, in a sport like Gymnastics that is a rare event. Who cares if the commentators reflect this, on Eurosport the commentators were all about how she helps other Gymnasts and is always there for support, i.e. she doesn't act all the big I am herself. Just let's that happen outside her bubble and gets on being the best she can be as a person, but no, a certain person has to take offence to her and the reactions.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back