Patrick Viera

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd just been confronted with evidence that he might be the cool man's Graham Potter, so I can see the argument that it wasn't a good time to get in his face.

That aside, chat [SWEAR WORD], get banged, innit.

nothing racist was said

That's embarrassing and less than a week after the Ivan Toney incident. Our city as a whole, blue and red halfs always bring shame upon ourselves for this inexcusable stuff. I honestly wouldn't trust our supporters as behaving any better than the Kopites if we we're making the same number of visits to Wembley and playing in Europe every year and no one can tell me any differently.

Both sides in the wrong IMO. If fans want to invade the pitch then fine but respect the boundaries of those you’re paying to see.

Vieira also shouldn’t have reacted like that seeing as the kid didn’t really say or do anything nasty or threatening apart from getting a bit too much in his personal space.

Did the fan act like a prick? Yes
Was vierras response that of a professional? No
Both were wrong - hope both get punished

Thats sort of my take, I dont see the FA doing nothing, maybe a 1 year banning order for that fan and 6 game touchline ban for Viera. I think that would send a message to fans in future that if you come on the pitch you leave the opposition alone and for players and managers, you cant just kick out because someone says something you dont like

Both sides in the wrong IMO. If fans want to invade the pitch then fine but respect the boundaries of those you’re paying to see.

Vieira also shouldn’t have reacted like that seeing as the kid didn’t really say or do anything nasty or threatening apart from getting a bit too much in his personal space.
Totally agree with this, he should know better.

In the end you need to all remember this, they didn’t want us to survive. This morning there were Newcastle fans, Crystal Palace fans, media outlets and even pundits saying we should be deducted points. Therefore due to the sheer hatred they show towards this club we should not give anything like this more time than it deserves. Even Viera doesn’t want to talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.