Patrick Viera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it was moronic, crass imbecilic behaviour that makes absolutely no sense. Utterly disrespectful of a team that came here to play - meaning they held up the integrity of the league for Burnley and Leeds. Those Everton fans should be identified and banned from the stadium.

The difference between us and some - I assume not all - Crystal Palace fans is we think action should be taken against our idiots, but they seem to think their highly-paid, high-profile idiot was well within his rights to physically assault people.

I have no beef with Crystal Palace. They are an admirable club in many ways. But I'm not entertaining their fans coming on here telling us the odds on a day like today after a night like last night. Patrick Vieira? Who cares?
Who’s doing that mate? All I see is fans from both clubs stating that both parties were in the wrong.
Nothing to see here. Enjoy your well deserved win.
Feck this thread.

But he didn't? That's like saying "if the fan had a gun" of course in extreme circumstances it would make sense for him to kick him.

If someone was in my face, I'd do the same....but, in his role, he should've resisted the urge and walked off. Just like Ronaldo, when he slapped the kids phone.

No-one wins in this instance. They both come out of it looking like fools.
Yeah fair enough, as I said I was just playing devils advocate . If he had of thrown a racial insult, I’d expect him to be unrestrained. I think he was justified anyway to give the clown a chin. Sol Campbell was getting some abuse from a spurs fan in a cafe not long ago and the idiot was taunting him in a social setting, he restrained himself but I’m sure many would say if he had of clocked him , he’d have been fully in his rights to do it with the abuse he was getting. Some people think it’s ok because it’s banter etc, where do you draw the line

I’d bet the house I don’t own on the lad saying something along the lines of “ahahahahaha lad yer cryin lad yer team just lost lad ahahahahaha state of yer lad”

nothing racist was said

What makes someone run up to another person in a moment of joy, waving a camera and filming, before shouting gibberish at them?

I'm only surprised it took Viera so long to react based on his playing years. Should he have? Probably not. Am I fussed he did? Not really, is anyone arsed that a tit making a show of themselves got a well earned kick?

I have no beef with Crystal Palace. They are an admirable club in many ways.
D6D93ADB-906F-4B29-BE16-399B646584D5.jpeg

Hang on a second, think I've got this all wrong.
We ought to be applauding, because theres been a few out there on the Goodison turf this season that have sorely needed a kick up the arse!

What makes someone run up to another person in a moment of joy, waving a camera and filming, before shouting gibberish at them?

I'm only surprised it took Viera so long to react based on his playing years. Should he have? Probably not. Am I fussed he did? Not really, is anyone arsed that a tit making a show of themselves got a well earned kick?
If it had been RoyKeane the lad would have been beaten to death and there would be a murder trail for Sky to spaff over.

What exactly did you disagree with? I'm only joking about the whole thing really but there is a serious point there. A lot of what people are saying here is a perfect example of the 'toxic masculinity' you hear lots about. The idea that someone deserves to get a smack because they annoy you is how you end up with kids getting stabbed in the street for showing 'disrespect'. People who resort to violence at the first opportunity are likely to do the same in different environments, it's just a fact really.
Yes, you have some points that I do generally agree with, I'm actually a peace loving person with much better values than most I see (football tends to screw that up and throw it in the bin though). But when some little [Poor language removed] is trying to humiliate you in front of thousands, real life and pride can take over. We can't all be Gandhi, all of the time.. otherwise we'd be steamrolled out of existence by the tidal wave of scum that is always ready and waiting to flood society.

Cant wait until next season when Gallagher gets taken off them and Zaha leaves.

If they're where we ended up this season I'd love the chance to put them down...for no other reason than Vieira.

Status
Not open for further replies.