Pienaar to return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised at all if its a loan deal, would welcome him back with open arms though. Anything that potentially gets Neville or Cahill out the side pleases me.

A football agent who "has clients in the UK, France and Belgium and is a talent scout in France & Belgium" has also tweeted saying "Looks like Pienaar is on his way back to Everton.
@Football_Agent9 is his Twitter account. Has quite a lot of followers as well. 17,000

OH THE POSSIBILITIES!!!

Allowing myself to dream:

Howard
Coleman - Jags - Heitinga/Distin - Baines
Drenthe - Rodwell - Fellaini - Pienaar
LD
[insert flavor of the moment striker, most likely Saha]

I don't see Moyes ever playing a 4-3-3. I think he'd implode.

Do we think Pienaar is going to be ready to start immediately though? He's been on the bench for awhile.

OH THE POSSIBILITIES!!!

Allowing myself to dream:

Howard
Coleman - Jags - Heitinga/Distin - Baines
Drenthe - Rodwell - Fellaini - Pienaar
LD
[insert flavor of the moment striker, most likely Saha]

I don't see Moyes ever playing a 4-3-3. I think he'd implode.

Do we think Pienaar is going to be ready to start immediately though? He's been on the bench for awhile.

Why you doing this to yourself? That team contains no Nev or Cahill. That team would absolutely spank ****e teams like Norwich though.

And to be more specific, I want Drenthe and LD on the same side. The two of them could rip the opposing defense apart. Pienaar could set up the middle and Saha all day long like he used to.

Though now that I look at that line-up, the defending on the right hand side might be scary to Moyes.

Why you doing this to yourself? That team contains no Nev or Cahill. That team would absolutely spank ****e teams like Norwich though.

If Moyes is making these deals, I have to hope that he actually wants to PLAY these players.

If we get those players, I really really hope he doesn't bench one of them. If I see Drenthe, Pienaar and LD, I want them ALL starting. ALL. One of them (barring injury, or rust in the case of Pienaar) should not be benched.

I worry that he's going to bench Drethe with everything he's said about his defending and then we'll be back to having LD and Peanuts on the wings. That's just dumb if we have those resources available.

One would think that since there hasn't been an iota of a whisper of a striker pick-up (barring the young 20 year old), that Landon is going to play withdrawn forward. Among the three midfielders (Drenthe, Pienaar, LD), he's the only one with that experience. And with the other two accurately serving him, the potential for him to rip defenses apart with through balls is tantalizing.

Aka: NO MORE HOOFBALL. Front line is too short anyway.

We could also be set up to play a false 9 with Barkley, but small steps for Moyes.

Personally I'd love to see a midfield 5 of:

Rodwell Fellaini
Drenthe Donovan Pienaar​

We know how good at linking up with Baines Pienaar is, Drenthe's done all his best work from the right and Donovan is very capable centrally.

This is potentially great news. Pienaar was our best player and we suffered from the very moment that he left the club, his influence became greater than that of Arteta's. Our best run of form came at a time where Donovan, Pienaar and Fellaini were all playing together and it looks like that will be happening again very shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back