• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Pires to join Villa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Neville Superstar

Player Valuation: £35m
Aston Villa have confirmed that former Arsenal star Robert Pires will be joining the club later this week.

Manager Gerard Houllier has been in talks with his fellow Frenchman and the deal is expected to be completed before Sunday's trip to Blackburn, which can be seen live on Sky Sports HD1/1.

Pires is a free agent and has been training with Arsene Wenger's Arsenal after being released by Villarreal in the summer.

The 37-year-old won two Premier League titles, three FA Cups and the 2002 Footballer of the Year prize during his six-year stay with the Gunners.

And so Villa assistant boss Gary McAllister is looking forward to adding that calibre to a young squad, as he told his club's official website: "Robert has been training at Arsenal.

"I know the boss and Arsene Wenger are very friendly and I believe he's going to join us in the next two or three days.

"It's perfect. I am sure he will arrive at the training ground in good condition.

"He's a player everyone can look up to because of what he has achieved."

Fantastic signing by Houllier! :blink:

Funnily enough, when I played the demo for FM 2011, he always went to Villa!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back