Pitch invasions and smoke bombs

Thoughts?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GETEM

Player Valuation: £5m
Pitch invaders at Premier League and English Football League matches will receive an automatic club ban under new measures to tackle fan behaviour.

Concerns were raised about safety at grounds after a number of pitch invasions at the end of last season.
Individuals who carry or use pyrotechnics or smoke bombs will also be banned and identified offenders will be reported to the police.

The Football Association will also implement tougher sanctions for clubs.

It is an offence for fans to enter the pitch "without lawful authority or lawful excuse" under the Football Offences Act 1991 - but offenders have not always been prosecuted.

However, prosecuting offenders will now be the "default response" under the new measures.

The leagues and the FA will:

• Work with clubs to improve searches of individuals
  • Increase use of sniffer dogs at grounds
  • Work with social media platforms to quickly remove fan-generated videos of illegal behaviour
  • Ask the government to restrict the supply of pyrotechnics and smoke bombs
  • Potentially ban accompanying parents or guardians of children who take part in illegal behaviour
The Premier League, EFL and FA will also work with police forces to "establish a new principle for cases relating to pyrotechnics and smoke bombs".

Premier League clubs agreed new measures to deal with pitch invasions last month following a series of incidents.

….was only just thinking looking at the Old Pictures Thread, we seem to be serial pitch invaders going way back. i suspect it’s something to do with us not having much to celebrate.

12EEBE31-4EC8-4D2D-80BF-41436CB6C061.jpeg

4ED6C1D0-C628-4547-99C5-BA5BA70005C7.jpeg

Utter BS over-reaction.

The 'sacrosanct' pitch is baloney. Those pitches were paid got ten times over by each and every club's fanbase down the years. If at FT they want to celebrate a big success then let them.
Exactly, they should put measures in place to get players and managers safely off the pitch when a pitch invasion is likely, instead of trying to prevent the un-preventable

Anybody caught with a "Can I have your shirt" placard should be given a lifetime ban and deported to Rwanda.
My pet hate, players must feel they have to oblige everytime or else it will be all over Facebook saying how awful they are, players have to pay for their own shirts and I know they earn a fortune but still cheeky

Exactly, they should put measures in place to get players and managers safely off the pitch when a pitch invasion is likely, instead of trying to prevent the un-preventable

How many were on the pitch against Palace and how much bother was there....besides the Palace manager attacking one of our fans?

It was people who were joyous.

Of course, we cant have that...working class football fans expressing natural football emotions...that's the sort of thing the anti-septic corporate bloodsuckers want canned and consigned to history.

They fear hooliganism and sponsors deserting the game. I sometimes think it might be a price worth paying to get this game back where it belongs: affordable and real.

Pitch invasions or some knob on there own running on the pitch.

Aside from that anyone who throws an object at players should be banned, including smoke bombs

Status
Not open for further replies.