Player Contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatara

Player Valuation: £90m
I thought it may be helpful to list down the contract expirations of our players here:

2019 (6 players)
Baines
Jagielka
Browning
Williams
Zouma
Gomes

2020 (7 players)
McCarthy
Stekelenburg
Niasse
Martina
Garbutt
Galloway
Tarashaj

2021 (9 players)
Pennington
Schneiderlin
Walcott
Bolasie
Sandro
Besic
Dowell
Connolly
Lookman

2022 (12 players)
Tosun
Vlasic
Keane
Coleman
Kenny
Gana
Davies
Baningime
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Holgate
Onyekuru

2023 (4 players)
Mina
Digne
Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin

2024 (1 player)
Pickford

My thoughts are;

1 -- Lookmans deal has only 2 seasons to run

2 -- By 2021 we will have seen a massive squad change as 22 players contracts will have expired along with 12 contracts elapsing the following season. Its highly unlikely they will be allowed to run down and there will be a plan in place.

3 -- All the 'panic' about us being handcuffed for the next 3-4 seasons is a little premature. Brands will have a 2 season plan in place minimum.

4 -- This summer with contracts expiring and loans ending + with player sales and further season long outgoing loans I believe we will be seeing anywhere between 15-20 players leaving from the following 27.

Baines
Stekelenburg
Jagielka
Browning
Zouma
Gomes
Williams
McCarthy
Niasse
Martina
Garbutt
Galloway
Tarashaj
Pennington
Schneiderlin
Walcott
Bolasie
Sandro
Besic
Connolly
Tosun
Coleman
Kenny
Gana
Holgate
Dowell
Onyekuru

5 -- If we take a 'glass half full' approach and look at the players we attracted under Brands/Silva so far then the next couple of seasons will be very exciting indeed!

Of the players out of contract this summer there is only Gomes I would want to keep unless we can get Zouma relatively cheap. This is the reason we need to be patient with the current regime in a couple of years they will nearly be where we want to be with the squad.

If we take Baines (£75k), Jagielka (£60k), Williams (£80k) and Browning (£20k) thats around £235k a week, add in Zouma and Gomes and its going to be more than £350k a week in wages.

Of the £146mil annual wages we would immediately wipe off around £17mil a season prior to any sales or loans.

If we take Baines (£75k), Jagielka (£60k), Williams (£80k) and Browning (£20k) thats around £235k a week, add in Zouma and Gomes and its going to be more than £350k a week in wages.

Of the £146mil annual wages we would immediately wipe off around £17mil a season prior to any sales or loans.

That is some saving. I just hope it we can't get rid of the deadwood we can loan as many out again. Its not ideal loaning out but even if we get just quarter or half paid it reduces our expenses but it also gets potentially disruptive players elsewhere as well.

That is some saving. I just hope it we can't get rid of the deadwood we can loan as many out again. Its not ideal loaning out but even if we get just quarter or half paid it reduces our expenses but it also gets potentially disruptive players elsewhere as well.

I think we will see a number of sales in the summer but may be still covering a % of their wages for the similar time they would have been on our books.

I dunno, Joe Williams and Mateusz Hewelt, Robinson, Virgínia ?

I used wiki for numbers.

I know Williams and Hewelt arent really first team and wont be on mega money, but you have listed Browning.

Browning as i think hes listed in the first team...thought hewelt had gone but hes up in summer.

Virginia 2021
Robinson 2021
Williams 2020

I dunno, Joe Williams and Mateusz Hewelt, Robinson, Virgínia ?

I used wiki for numbers.

I know Williams and Hewelt arent really first team and wont be on mega money, but you have listed Browning.
It’s a good point re contracts of players who are not normally in the first team squad ie. u23s. I’m not sure where you draw the line there though. By and large they take care of themselves and are under the radar in that this summer a number will disappear out of the club and many won’t even know who they were.

When do we finally get see the back of mirrallas when his loan in Italy is over are we done with him

Status
Not open for further replies.