player of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuitsBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
thought i would get it posted before any of you....

arteta won it last year i think so cant really be awarded it it consecutivley, its howard or lescott for me - johnno went a few games out with injury and i expected a few more goals.

tough call this.

Well, you have to say the one who has stood out in every game, never made a mistake and has been all round best buy of the season.

Easy choice.

Joleon Lescott.

Followed closely by Howard, AJ & Arteta.

Natural progression of the thread was that someone would name carsley Stubbs as unsung heroes thought id be like suits and add it first.

Has to be Lescott folowed by Arteta (best season yet), Aj. He has been wonederfull all season as centre/left back versatile, comitted, consistent best first season in a long time.

I think an important point is that his arrival has also taken a lot of pressure of Yobo to be the star centre half and has enabled him to focuss in his own game and cut out most of the errors he has made in the past due to lack of concentration. Another point is that this is probably Yobos first season with us that he has been considered an automatic first choice centre half and played when fit in almost all games. It seems that the passing of the tourch form the Stubbs/Weir era has gone relatively unnoticed, well certainly without any fanfare with little change in our defence record keeping in mind that both fullback posititions havnt had consistent players due to injuries for most of the season. This is a great credit to both Yobo and Lescott and Moyes really, but getting back to point it has to be Lescott.

Natural progression of the thread was that someone would name carsley Stubbs as unsung heroes thought id be like suits and add it first.

Has to be Lescott folowed by Arteta (best season yet), Aj. He has been wonederfull all season as centre/left back versatile, comitted, consistent best first season in a long time.

I think an important point is that his arrival has also taken a lot of pressure of Yobo to be the star centre half and has enabled him to focuss in his own game and cut out most of the errors he has made in the past due to lack of concentration. Another point is that this is probably Yobos first season with us that he has been considered an automatic first choice centre half and played when fit in almost all games. It seems that the passing of the tourch form the Stubbs/Weir era has gone relatively unnoticed, well certainly without any fanfare with little change in our defence record keeping in mind that both fullback posititions havnt had consistent players due to injuries for most of the season. This is a great credit to both Yobo and Lescott and Moyes really, but getting back to point it has to be Lescott.

That's an excellent point about Joey. And as we all agree on Lescott ( never in doubt), how about the runner-up? For me it has to be AJ. I think his work ethic, his team spirit, and his honesty (yes, referees - honesty), are invaluable.

Lescott has got the nod from me, followed by Howard. After that I think it's any of at least 3. And then AVdM - what :huh: ... I'll get my coat :P

Had he not been injured, I would have gone for Cahill undoubtedly who played a blinder throughout 2006.

Instead, gotta give it to Joleon Lescott, the man who can. Absolutely brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back