Players we were convinced would be Great Signings In Past Transfer Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Blackpool Mickey Walsh.....brother of your mate Steve, Eggs.

Bought on the strength of scoring Goal Of The Season on MOTD.

A striker who never scored a goal for us ;)
I remember that goal, a typical Everton story that, also the fact 40 odd years later we signed his brother who was the next best thing at finding superstars, what a dud he turned out as well.

Olivier Dacourt, marco Materazzi, shandy van der meyde, james vaughan, Barkley, the list is very long and quite depressing.

Olivier Dacourt, marco Materazzi, shandy van der meyde, james vaughan, Barkley, the list is very long and quite depressing.
James vaughan would of been great if it wasnt for injuries. His aptitude was never in question. I remember Moyes saying he had to try to calm him down before playing as he was so desperate to impress. I think i would rather have 5 of his type about now.
Good luck Jamo !!

James vaughan would of been great if it wasnt for injuries. His aptitude was never in question. I remember Moyes saying he had to try to calm him down before playing as he was so desperate to impress. I think i would rather have 5 of his type about now.
Good luck Jamo !!
I loved him mate, thought he was going to be the next big thing :( like you say, destroyed by injuries the poor aod!

..not sure Barkley or Vaughan were ‘signings’, I thought they came through the ranks but I might have read the thread wrong.
No, you’re right eggs, i just generalised as they were both players who looked like they would be sensations for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.