Players we were linked with but never signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Any you still wish we had signed? What palyers are you glad we never signed but were linked with?

Personally, I was gutted when we never signed Alan Thompson and as I said on various forum before he went to Blackburn, i'd really have liked Benni McCarthy.

Couldn't agree more with you on Benni Mccarthey. Felt we dragged our feet a little on Leighton Baines also. I thought Benni was alost cause but he been doing the business for Rovers. Struck again in the 5th round replay. He would have been nice to have just for his presence. Nonda is keeping him from a lot of first team action right now.

Good shout on the McCarthy deal, I agree Danny. Have to add:
Sissoko, Parker, Emre, Bellamy all heavily linked too, all would have enhanced our team enormously, but all nobheads as well.

essien
ferrari (looked class, wish we'd kept him)
kuyt although he is a scrote
nolan

and i would like very much for everton to be linked with a big move for gamst pedersen.

Glad we never signed Bellend, a tosser of the first order, a nark and as welcome as leprosy in any changing room:angry: :angry:

Sorry we signed..........any centre forward with double t in his name, Rod Belfitt, Brett Angel and of course James Beattie:P

Sorry we didn't sign.................me(y)

Parker would have been a good one, straight swap for carsley, but on the other hand we wouldn't have fernandes.... ;)

people would yell lack of creation in the middle of the park at us all day mate.

Dean Ashton would be a fantastic signing. With Fernandes hopefully signed up we have someone now who's capable of taking the ball from defence and linking up with the midfield, now it would be great if we had someone who could link midfield with attack. AJ is great at running in behind. Cahill unfortunately doesn't really have the game to sit in the whole and make play and neither does Beattie or any of the young strikers at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back