6 + 2 Point Deductions

I could live with that even though it's annoying.
Well aware we're dealing with a rando off twitter but hypothetically I'd say 4 back and the 2nd charge going away is better than 6 (or maybe more) back with the 2nd charge still looming, just to get absolute certainty on where we are- it would at least clear the players heads once and for all. Save on legal costs too.

6 points deducted would still be very hard to swallow overall though, and we'd be reliant on consistent application to Forest before we could say it was in any way a reasonable outcome.

Nothing to suggest Forest get 6 points at all. We don’t even know their infringement.

4 points back is a joke and far from enough.
It's only a joke if other teams are treated differently. Obviously the FA favourites will be treated very favourably, but as long as Forest get thumped it will do. Not as if City or even Chelsea will be our actual rivals any time in the next decade or so.

Nothing to suggest Forest get 6 points at all. We don’t even know their infringement.

4 points back is a joke and far from enough.
Their infringement is not selling Brennan Johnson for 30 odd million and holding him, playing him and selling him for more money to Spurs after the PSR deadline had passed.

Getting that 2nd charge dropped would be a massive weight off our minds, especially as it would drag on past the end of the season. Of course I'd rather have all 10 back and the other charge dropped, but if someone gave me the option of that or an unknown outcome TBA next week. I would sign up for the former now.

Very good point
The only thing I could think of, is that the appeals panel accept some form of mitigation we put forward. And that mitigation then means we become compliant for period 2.

But to get to that decision it would take time, and it would surely be for the PL to determine that, not the appeal panel.

I'm not saying it's impossible we get to that situation at some point down the line, but it doesn't feel likely to happen right now. This is an appeal into the 10 point penalty for charge 1.

Their infringement is not selling Brennan Johnson for 30 odd million and holding him, playing him and selling him for more money to Spurs after the PSR deadline had passed.
Rumoured to be. We don’t know that. And we don’t know by how much they have actually infringed by. For all we know it’s less than what we have.

They may have been able to sell him for 30m and come in on target but decided that it made more sense to sell him for more a month later. Which it does. But could mean that they are only a couple of mill over.