6 + 2 Point Deductions

It's not so much what they give us back - it's more what they take off Forest.
When it all dies down I expect us to be, at the most, 1pt ahead of Forest.

And if they're really trying (in reality they're in a hole and need to stop digging)
They will find away to get all 3 - EFC, NF, LT - all on the same net points and they'll be able in a Pilate-esque manner
Let the football sort it out.
aka, whoever goes down its not our fault
I'd scrap relegation for 18th spot this year. There was idle talk in 2007 of Sheff U being readmitted and having a 21 team league.

Stranger things have happened, like a Goodison derby on midsummer night in front of a printed out imaginary crowd that looks like something off FIFA 97 on the original playstation.

Its a good point because unless the PL had set a budget I can’t see any justification or reason that Everton needed to get signings approved.
We are already subject to an investigation it’s how it proceeds is the big question and whilst I understand the point about the PLs CEO I suspect he will be wanting to put a significant distance between himself and the disciplinary team
Yeah. I think his position is untenable whatever happens. He’s responsible for allowing the whole game to be brought into disrepute.

As with all industry if anything doesn’t go right, the top person is responsible.

I still really can't get my head around how they've announced what our first charge was from a few seasons ago, will no doubt announce our second charge and forest's first charge from the following season after our appeal results, but it took them 6 years following a 9 season sustained spell of alleged rule breaking by Man City, before they announced they suspect a lot of dubious stuff!?

And they say they're fit to stay in control of their own decision making without independent outside monitoring... Good one lads
The city thing only came out due to independent regulators on the horizon, or it would still be on the quiet.

Even if we get the points back and PSR rules are amended going forward it’s still gonna be impossible (almost) for non-big six clubs to win the league. Everton panicked when the super league was announced, thinking they’re about build a half a £billion stadium with little chance of securing top European football revenue in the future. PSR will just enforce the same outcome indirectly if significant penalties are handed out for breaches. The new game will be, see if you can finish higher in the league table than your place in the money table. Forget about actual trophies. The dream of winning something is a distant one for most but even the dream is taken away with FFP. Has to be scrapped long-term.

I feel for you mate, I really do.

It really does feel like these clowns at the PL are holding us all hostage.

It's effecting the whole club, from top to bottom. It's really not fair.

I will never forget how they treated us, and hopefully there is justice and they are held accountable for the trouble they caused.
Maybe we should start a Class action against the PL for subjecting us to all this additional stress and anxiety.

#JusticefortheBlues

I'd scrap relegation for 18th spot this year. There was idle talk in 2007 of Sheff U being readmitted and having a 21 team league.

Stranger things have happened, like a Goodison derby on midsummer night in front of a printed out imaginary crowd that looks like something off FIFA 97 on the original playstation.
Play the extra games in the States or Saudi and the PL would probably jump at the idea.

That we have been waiting since November for a decision is absolutely outrageous and has affected the legitimacy of the league, results, and meant we have been playing under a cloud. It's also affected the entire bottom of the table. The whole process has been a sham and has proven that the EPL cannot regulate itself. As for the second charge that's ridiculous too since it's based on accounts we dispute from the first IC.

If this was happening to a glamour club it would have been sorted months ago by now, imagine if it was Liverpool they would have been crying for months. Yes we breached and our board and owner were utterly incompetent bit there were also numerous reasons including the stadium, a war, covid et Al but the process and lack of transparency has been ridiculous. The punishment was always excessive and they gave no reasons for reaching that figure. They've clearly decided to make us their example to ward off the independent regulator I hope it blows up in Masters face.

Regardless of where anyone stands on the matter, it should not be taking this long to come to a conclusion. They were in such a rush to hand out an unfounded penalty and now that they were hit with backlash they are trying to play optics here and hold onto their cards to the detriment of the club they wronged. It’s pathetic at this point. They have butchered this.

Even if we get the points back and PSR rules are amended going forward it’s still gonna be impossible (almost) for non-big six clubs to win the league. Everton panicked when the super league was announced, thinking they’re about build a half a £billion stadium with little chance of securing top European football revenue in the future. PSR will just enforce the same outcome indirectly if significant penalties are handed out for breaches. The new game will be, see if you can finish higher in the league table than your place in the money table. Forget about actual trophies. The dream of winning something is a distant one for most but even the dream is taken away with FFP. Has to be scrapped long-term.

This is the reason why I'm not even really that bothered about relegation anymore. At least in the past there was hope but there is nothing now. What are we actually clinging on for? The hope that we can finish 10th one day or dare I say compete for a place in the european conference league.

What my real hope is now is that a group of clubs realise that under current rules they are just there to make up the numbers and decide to either do something about it. Or alternatively form an alternative league.

I was hoping an independent regulator would do something about that and maybe they will but one issue is that a lot of small clubs are in the premier league right now and they are satisfied just being there to make up the numbers. The likes of Brentford, Bournemouth, Fulham, Brighton, Luton Etc they will be happy to just be fodder for the 'big 6' forever.

That we have been waiting since November for a decision is absolutely outrageous and has affected the legitimacy of the league, results, and meant we have been playing under a cloud. It's also affected the entire bottom of the table. The whole process has been a sham and has proven that the EPL cannot regulate itself. As for the second charge that's ridiculous too since it's based on accounts we dispute from the first IC.

If this was happening to a glamour club it would have been sorted months ago by now, imagine if it was Liverpool they would have been crying for months. Yes we breached and our board and owner were utterly incompetent bit there were also numerous reasons including the stadium, a war, covid et Al but the process and lack of transparency has been ridiculous. The punishment was always excessive and they gave no reasons for reaching that figure. They've clearly decided to make us their example to ward off the independent regulator I hope it blows up in Masters face.
It just seems absolutely absurd that any decision or penalty can be implemented in the middle of the season.

It’s seems rather obvious that any penalty or punishment should have to be implemented before first match of the season has been played.

The whole thing is a joke.
I laughed at individuals on here saying the man is out to get Everton.

Hand me some tin foil I’m think I’m a believer