6 + 2 Point Deductions

I don’t see an outcome where we avoid a points deduction for the second charge.

Even if we avoid a points deduction and only receive a two window transfer ban, for example, would you be confident that these same players (without Branthwaite, too) would keep us up next year?

Demoralising.

I couldn’t see a justification for a further points deduction before this, never mind after this.

The fact we’ve already been punished for much of it will be a massive argument against further sanctions. I appreciate they’ve not said that they won’t take previous sanctions into account but they’ll have to have an eye on defending this in court, which it would be really hard to do. We’ve also got the very clear evidence that we did stop spending like tits during this period too.

This decision adds to all that, it’s wildly inconsistent with what went before and this will help us argue that the process used is far too subjective.

Hmmm it's not that straight forward.

The appeal panel rejected the idea that we hadn't got a sporting advantage. We overspent. We pointed to the stadium but our beloved owner stated in his witness evidence that we needed to spend to address our 'non-existent midfield'.

We gained a sporting advantage. As have Forest. But they have successfully argued some mitigation somewhere, clearly.
Also, if you wanted to be really really harsh on our situation….why are we actually building a stadium? To increase future revenue, leading to more funds for squad improvement, leading to a sporting advantage.

Updated on BBC sports page

View attachment 249182

The PL have to be seen to be enforcing the rules I guess.

Everton get 10 points but reduced to 6 on appeal. Forest points deduction should be more accurate based on our appeal so instead of 10 points they get 6 or 7.

No. They get 4. (For which they could also still appeal it).

We can all see there is a flaw in this. Right?

Hmmm it's not that straight forward.

The appeal panel rejected the idea that we hadn't got a sporting advantage. We overspent. We pointed to the stadium but our beloved owner stated in his witness evidence that we needed to spend to address our 'non-existent midfield'.

We gained a sporting advantage. As have Forest. But they have successfully argued some mitigation somewhere, clearly.

Its all so very bizarre.

I cant see a reason why both results werent heard at the same time and both released today.

Makes a mockery of any competition.

Why is it that the Forest and Everton hearings did not go concurrently? Two totally different Independent Commission panels. What was the explanation for ours starting so much later than Forests? Our appeal decision on the first charge had already been determined I believe. If the league had just compressed the process by a week or two, any appeals could be determined before the last game of the season. As it stands, appeals after the last ball is kicked may well decide relegation for more than one team. Complete farce/joke. How can you set a process that ends several days after the season ends?

The PL don't have the 'bandwidth'.

In other words they can only commit resources to so much at a time.

Same with 777 going on and on and on.

I would say what we need to do is go and beat Bournemouth to put some clear distance between us and the bottom 4 teams.....

However, I fully expect there to be a correlation between the amount of points we get before our charge and the amount of points we are deducted.

More points won = greater the charge
Less points won = lesser charge

This is how it works right?