6 + 2 Point Deductions

I was expecting Forest to be facing at least a 10 points deduction.

The rationale for us facing 10 (now 6) and them only receiving 4 seems weak. Forest spent a quarter of a billion Pounds on transfers in one season!

The PL are determined to send us down. And for what? Seeking to improve our club and our city with a brand-new stadium that will soon be used at the Euros. Well, if we go down due to this points deduction our stadium won't be completed. And it will serve the football establishment right.

Not sure where you’re getting this from. It’s like 85% done at this point. Due to be fully completed and ready to go in December. Administration would probably halt the build, relegation though, no.

Always said, the reason the PL went at us so high was to prove to an independent commission they had full control of the situation.

The irony being that docking us higher than we would have for going insolvent was contradictory and hurtful for their own efforts that they had control over it.

Had they went at us with 4; there probably wouldn't have been an Independent commissioner.

Always said, the reason the PL went at us so high was to prove to an independent commission they had full control of the situation.

The irony being that docking us higher than we would have for going insolvent was contradictory and hurtful for their own efforts that they had control over it.

Had they went at us with 4; there probably wouldn't have been an Independent commissioner.
There was always going to be an independent regulator

There was always going to be an independent regulator

They did everything in their power to avoid it though.

Think it was only a couple of weeks ago they expressed concern over being something like "Government Regulated Industry".

They've tried to reduce the impact of a regulator; and its massively backfired in my opinion

Not sure where you’re getting this from. It’s like 85% done at this point. Due to be fully completed and ready to go in December. Administration would probably halt the build, relegation though, no.

If we go down who's bankrolling the club? Relegation scuppers BMD in the short term at least

They did everything in their power to avoid it though.

Think it was only a couple of weeks ago they expressed concern over being something like "Government Regulated Industry".

They've tried to reduce the impact of a regulator; and its massively backfired in my opinion
Or - going hard on Everton was their play to maintain control within the regulated system.

It's proportionate, we HATE it and the Owner and Board who've let the club slide into this. BK's unaccountable in all practical terms. Mosh is still very accountable and likely offloading Everton to a partner who'll be little better, looking at their record across Europe, but who knows.

But back in the spirit world with a ouija board old Bill is in the crosshairs?! :hayee:

So just to confirm, you do believe that owners disappear into thin air when relegated?

Not all owners no. But absolute charlatans (Mosh) that only existed on the back of dodgy Russian money or absolute carpetbaggers (777) who's only investment model seems to be a blatant ponzi scheme then YES I don't see either sticking about. Now Mosh may not have much choice in the matter but that's a different thing.

I love Everton but we have to accept that they (Forest) narrowly over-stepped with mis-planning over Johnson.

Everton ran like this over a longer period, arguably influencing 2 if not 3 relegation battles, and were less transparent.

It's proportionate, we HATE it and the Owner and Board who've let the club slide into this. BK's unaccountable in all practical terms. Mosh is still very accountable and likely offloading Everton to a partner who'll be little better, looking at their record across Europe, but who knows. We'd be their biggest asset by far so we can hope that a multi-club owner would prioritise Everton over those other assets (as revolting a thing that is to consider). Who really knows where we'll be next season - somewhere similar or marginally better in all reality, I hope (MINUS a s4*t tonne of bad mgt, debt, deductions, less squad hangers on and PLUS an amazing stadium around the corner to start filling up ALL THE TIME!)

Right now we need to pull another 4-5 pts clear of Luton to guarantee Prem assuming we get another deduction like Forest.

That's our only priority as fans since that's the one we can influence, as the incredible blues at GP have done in the last 2 relegation battles. And for once the schedule from here certainly favours us rather than Luton - and there's naff all the Prem can do about THAT :)

99% of blues agree with you about terrible ownership of us.

However, how can it be even close to fair that Forest knowingly breached the rules and waited to a month after to sell a player and only lose 4 points; while we sold Richarlison for a lower value and played by the rules, but had 6 points stolen off us?

It isn’t a fair scenario, blues think it, neutrals have been saying it (Maguire), Forest fans online have been saying it, and even some of my red mates too.