Poll : Martinez Post Newcastle

Martinez?

• In

• Out

• Cheese on Toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about you or our players, but when i play football in and are in poor form and low confidence the last thing i wanna do is pass it around in defensive areas to try and keep posession. I get it forward as far away from our goal as possible.

I dont try tricky or hollywood type passes but i sure as hell don't pass it around the back line over and over again till i concede yet another goal.

I don't buy the lack of confidence excuse. Did they suddenly find a load of confidecne 30 mins into the Kiev game? Where was that confidence after we beat QPR or Palace?

Confidence plays a part in sports, but i don't see a lack of it as why we've played as we have since the Spurs game. We got caught playing it around slowly at the back which surely would see us low in confidence to carry on doing the same. But we did. If the players were low on confidence after that they'd stop doing it. But they didn't.

It's managers instructions to play a slow possession based game.

When teams sit back against us, yes, passing it along the back four with DMs dropping in to help is the easy and safe thing to do.

No, the fans lost their s*** and we needed a goal. Sleepwalking out of another competition was unthinkable and they played like the season depended on it. They were still short of form and made mistakes.

Confidence in football is a huge factor so I'm surprised you don't buy it. We weren't going to throw our style of play out of the window because we were struggling for form. We have been looking to play ourselves into form, which thankfully now seems to be happening. Late, mind, but we seem to have a little bit of belief back.

I dont know if you two know each other in the real world or not, but can the insults be swerved anyrate please.

Not that these are insults, but there were some earlier.

Sorry Mr Roy.

I can see how this could cause issues, but I have no beef with my fellow plazzy.

MARTINEZ IN

Poll result.

graphwrite.aspx

Those wanting Martinez out have a bit of catching up to do...with those wanting cheese on toast.

Poll result.

graphwrite.aspx

Those wanting Martinez out have a bit of catching up to do...with those wanting cheese on toast.

Davey I don't understand. Does the fact the poll swung back to Martinez in so quickly, mean that this is knee jerk heaven? Should we not take any notice of the polls?

Davey I don't understand. Does the fact the poll swung back to Martinez in so quickly, mean that this is knee jerk heaven? Should we not take any notice of the polls?
The poll's have all been Martinez In by about 2:1. The post Stoke poll was what the pollsters would describe as an outlier.

In short: every dog has its day and the plotters have had theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.