Poll: Sam Allardyce - yes or no?

Should Big Sam be appointed as Everton's next permenant manager?

• Yes

Votes: 263 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 736 66.5%
  • Cheese on toast lid

Votes: 48 4.3%
  • Allardyce for the rest of the season with Rhino as No.2

Votes: 60 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill's EW bet comes up again;
Sticks with Unsworth, it works = win
It doesn't and its - well I tried it lads, but it's not working, so Fat Sam it has to be.

Just before or just after the Derby is when...maybe earlier if Moyes does us over.

Prove me wrong Blues...Please

People are panicking WAY too early and starting to jump on board for getting a fire-fighter type manager in, which basically writes off the next 2-3 seasons due to panicking about going down.

I'd go the opposite, the teams that do panic early and get that type of manager in are usually the ones that go down within a couple of years anyway

Bolton left in 2007 went down in 2008
Newcastle left in 2008 went down in 2009
Blackburn left in 2010 went down in 2012
West Ham still in the division
Sunderland left in 2016 went down in 2017
Palace left in 2017 went down in 2018?

By the end of this season 5 of the 6 clubs he will have managed will have likely been relegated within 2 years of him leaving the job, can point to it being because the clubs are a mess when they call him in, can also maybe suggest that whilst he gets results he does nothing to ensure the club is stronger when he leaves than when he came in.

BTW interesting little thing to point out, we are often said to be wanting to mirror spurs model etc, in 2008 Spurs sacked Ramos after 8 games and where on 2 points at the time, they finished the season in 8th.

The year before they sacked Jol after 10 games - and sat third from bottom with 7 points, they finished 11th that season.

They went for Redknapp, Villas-Boas, Sherwood and then Pocchetino after those two.
Now?

Seems Sam and Dyche are the only viable candidates sadly.

I'd accept either now. We just need to face glaring problems right in the face and do what needs to be done to avoid disaster.

I'm struggling to see what can be more grim than being relegated in whatever manager is chosen. Relegation is utter catastrophe with a new stadium on the horizon. It's catastrophe either way. Time to swallow poison if needs be.

Seems Sam and Dyche are the only viable candidates sadly.

I'd accept either now. We just need to face glaring problems right in the face and do what needs to be done to avoid disaster.

I'm struggling to see what can be more grim than being relegated in whatever manager is chosen. Relegation is utter catastrophe with a new stadium on the horizon. It's catastrophe either way. Time to swallow poison if needs be.

I don’t think either of those are what we need right now.

Our players just do not suit Big Sam’s style of play and IMO we would be in the bottom three at New Year.

Then he will bring in a few yard dogs and even we escaped relegation this season the Championship woukd beckon eighteen months from now.

As for Dyche.....there is nowt in his track record to suggest he would turn this astound immediately.

As one of our Burnley visitors pointed out, it took him nearly a whole season sorting out Burnley’s defensive woes when first he joined them.

And when he got the Clarets into the top flight he had a whole season to keep them up yet still they went down.

:(

I don’t think either of those are what we need right now.

Our players just do not suit Big Sam’s style of play and IMO we would be in the bottom three at New Year.

Then he will bring in a few yard dogs and even we escaped relegation this season the Championship woukd beckon eighteen months from now.

As for Dyche.....there is nowt in his track record to suggest he would turn this astound immediately.

As one of our Burnley visitors pointed out, it took him nearly a whole season sorting out Burnley’s defensive woes when first he joined them.

And when he got the Clarets into the top flight he had a whole season to keep them up yet still they went down.

:(
Problem is,can you think of anyone better? After last night I'm hard pressed to see a manager who could get a performance out of this bunch.

Problem is,can you think of anyone better? After last night I'm hard pressed to see a manager who could get a performance out of this bunch.

No, I can't.....but it isn't just a question of not being able to think of anyone better......I don't think these two particular individuals are going to turn us around right away, which is what we need, based on what I know about their careers.

If they turn us round at all, that is :(

Take Sam, for example.

A significant minority's of folk round these parts seem to think he can walk in here and sort our defence out right away.

When he took over Palace last Christmas he took one point from his first five matches.

Imagine he came in here and took that length of time to register a win.......Goodison's toxicity levels would go through the roof :Blink:

Plus we would in all likiehood be bottom of the table.

Sam is as high risk as anyone you care to name, including the beleaguered Unsie........ditto Dyche.

Bottom line.....there are no guarantees.

So let's not narrow the search to guys who we are led to believe are some sort of miracle workers.

Because they ain't :pint2:

Gentlemen we need to accept the inevitability of relegation with Unsworth in charge. That is a stone cold fact and cannot be allowed to happen. He must be relieved of his responsibilities before he can inflict even further damage.

By all accounts we have received a cease and desist letter from Watford in the last week. Continual attempts at poaching Silva will either fail or prove extreme lengthy and fractious. And time, given the present state of play, is not something we have.

We need a manager who is experienced willing and able to join us immediately and as far as I can see in that case the only realistic option is Allardyce.

No, I can't.....but it isn't just a question of not being able to think of anyone better......I don't think these two particular individuals are going to turn us around right away, which is what we need, based on what I know about their careers.

If they turn us round at all, that is :(

Take Sam, for example.

A significant minority's of folk round these parts seem to think he can walk in here and sort our defence out right away.

When he took over Palace last Christmas he took one point from his first five matches.

Imagine he came in here and took that length of time to register a win.......Goodison's toxicity levels would go through the roof :Blink:

Plus we would in all likiehood be bottom of the table.

Sam is as high risk as anyone you care to name, including the beleaguered Unsie........ditto Dyche.

Bottom line.....there are no guarantees.

So let's not narrow the search to guys who we are led to believe are some sort of miracle workers.

Because they ain't :pint2:
I'd totally agree with your post...except at least he has an idea of what is required,no foreign manager would have the slightest clue how to get this group performing to any standard in the time they would have.Posters on the forum are talking about January signings in various positions yet the players we need aren't available and those that might become available I doubt would come.Believe me I'm shocked that I would ever consider him as being the manager of our club,but sadly that's how far we've fallen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back