Portsmouth vs Everton - 1st Dec 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like an average perfomence but in tough conditions, so have to satidfied, pompeys a tough place to go at the best of tiimes dont think weve picked much up there over the last few seasons!

Most pleased about the clean sheet keep it up! Is that our first nil-nil of the season.

Excellent point mate, totally overlooked by many on here, including myself. Is that the first time Pompey have failed to score at home this term?

Excellent point mate, totally overlooked by many on here, including myself. Is that the first time Pompey have failed to score at home this term?

No, I remember the commentator say they had couple of 0-0 draw at home this season, although we couldn't sneak a goal in for a 3 points, but good result for sure consider they were on-top of us for almost 2/3 of the time!

Not one of our better games by the sound of it but a point is not a disaster, fulham next week, a win would really put us back in the thick of it.

A point at Pompey is absolutely no disgrace. They are probably one of our closest competitors this season and a point at their place is ok by me.

I think believe it or not we were suffering from a bit of a hangover from last week- we cannot get complacent.

the result is good...its just 9th in the table :(...were going to have to get some great results to overtake portsmouth and blackburn, both a win ahead of us...

...my biggest criticism of the match today was teh throw ins...we were constantly throwing it to the guy who was marked, when many times we couldve thrown to an un marked carsley hanging abit further back...

I suppose it is not the best things to throw the ball toward a player that was mark by more than one defender!

You just feel this ways since we didn't have enough of the ball in the 1st half, there was not much room for a goal from both side, Howard and James are in top form, but we made life a bit too easy for James though!

another thing i forgot to mention during the match...

...when lescott made his run on the right, and passed the ball basically from the goal to osman who miss kicked it....i think the better option would have been to pass it to anichebe, who couldve probably scored it with a one touch pass in the goal really...

...osman was poor today, back to the form we remember from last season...hopefully it wont stick

Last time I go to a game :lol:

Wasn't great by either team today. Pompey probably had the better of the first half and came close a few times.

When AJ came on for us we started to get into the game more and he gave them some trouble on the break. We managed to carve out a few half chances, the best two falling to Osman who ballsed them both up.

0-0 was probably a fair result in the end as neither team played well. Had a decent view of the game though, right behind the goal. I wasn't in with the away fans but was in the same stand as them and they outsang the Pompey lot all afternoon. That was probably the bright spot of the game to be honest :lol:

another thing i forgot to mention during the match...

...when lescott made his run on the right, and passed the ball basically from the goal to osman who miss kicked it....i think the better option would have been to pass it to anichebe, who couldve probably scored it with a one touch pass in the goal really...

...osman was poor today, back to the form we remember from last season...hopefully it wont stick

I agree but Osman was screaming for it and had acres of space. The pass was slightly too far to Osmans right and he should have tried to control it rather than have a shot.

That first half display has to be the worst of the season. They should have killed us but fortunately they don't have a quality striker. They are one hell of a strong side though.

Exactly so I wish I could figure out why we were throwing long looping throw ins at them and playing long ball almost all match. Throw ins were ridiculous, no movement at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back