Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen tweets on Twitter where people are saying they feel “exactly the same right now as I did when my mum and dad died”.

Seriously.

And loads of repies from people saying “I felt exactly the same”.

That is the levels of bonkersness about to be unleashed.

Thank goodness I am off down t’ Algarve in a couple of days.

Well out of this hysteria.
True story this. My sister-in-law, aged ~40, posted a photo of the Queen on Facebook this afternoon and that she “…can’t stop crying, so sad”. I was utterly baffled so asked the wife what that was all about, and was told “didn’t you know, she really liked the monarchy and all that stuff”. I said “right ok, but crying all day, I can’t remember her even crying at your Nan’s funeral FFS, bit over the top isn’t it.”.

And somehow that made ME a bad person?!

Is it a law that we must mourn? why does the country close down? tens of millions of people wouldn't care less about the Queen.
Let those who mourn, mourn and let the rest of life carry on.
We've had 2+ years of disruption to life. i can't be doing with much more of it
You speak for "tens of millions" do you? Or just for yourself? Maybe "plenty" might have been more appropriate.

Yeah there are a fair few people who'd probably disagree with that assessment of her service

No man or woman can change the world its impossible but ask yourself who would you rather represent your country - Queen Elizabeth or Trump/Biden / Johnson/Starmer ?

Monarchy over Republic every day of the week. I would do away with politicians in general if I had my way and give the reigns to William.

No man or woman can change the world its impossible but ask yourself who would you rather represent your country - Queen Elizabeth or Trump/Biden / Johnson/Starmer ?

Monarchy over Republic every day of the week. I would do away with politicians in general if I had my way and give the reigns to William.
So... Err.. You'd get rid of democracy?!??

Just imagine how many injuries we will pick up after 2 weeks of Training.

If anyone even thinks of playing football tennis in the carpark they should be summarily shot.

Is it a law that we must mourn? why does the country close down? tens of millions of people wouldn't care less about the Queen.
Let those who mourn, mourn and let the rest of life carry on.
We've had 2+ years of disruption to life. i can't be doing with much more of it

Ma'am has already given us an extra BH this year and she's going to make it two. If that isn't a reason to happily mourn her passing then there is just no pleasing some.

...and there could be a couple more next year for the coronation and investiture.

So... Err.. You'd get rid of democracy?!??

I would have an elected advisory board to the King / Queen who act similiar to the PM's cabinet - but political parties and PM's would be given the boot.

The political system has failed look at the mess of society, kids getting gunned down and knifed every single day I think we need to return to simpler times where people had respect for their fellow man and felt a civic duty to their nation.

When your elected leaders are on the fiddle and breaking laws what precedent does that set to the rest of the population ?

I would have an elected advisory board to the King / Queen who act similiar to the PM's cabinet - but political parties and PM's would be given the boot.

The political system has failed look at the mess of society, kids getting gunned down and knifed every single day I think we need to return to simpler times where people had respect for their fellow man and felt a civic duty to their nation.

When your elected leaders are on the fiddle and breaking laws what precedent does that set to the rest of the population ?
Politics are bad so back to divine right

I'm afraid your solution would be subject to the same corruption, the Royal family works in todays society precisely because they are apolitical and ceremonial, and also this is the Everton thread errr Solomon rondon

Status
Not open for further replies.