Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be an arse Dave - no I'm not from the Home Counties. I'm Liverpool born and bred.

Contempt - quite a word to use. Signifies dishonour, disgrace. People being 'forced to endure' a minute's silence. We seem to endure that for most other people who we may not have had any regard for in their life. It's called respect.

Now if they insist on playing the national anthem, then that's having our noses rubbed, imho. I disagreed with suspending the fixtures. Others support it for their own reasons. I choose to just get on with my life.

I'm just suggesting balance in response to some very shocking and extreme views on here by a very small number of individuals, who would have anyone who goes along with national mourning as a racist (they're the ones who also argued against taking the knee, apparently) and murderers (they also are denying people life-saving operations).

A minutes silence for someone they dont know. Why not a minute's silence for a 96 year old from Liverpool who we all dont know and who hasn't lived the live of utter luxury *the Queen* has had?

It's a ridiculous proposition to expect a stadium full of people - the majority of whom dont give a flying one about the woman - to be mournful.

As said: anyone who broke that silence I wouldn't condemn them at all.

A minutes silence for someone they dont know. Why not a minute's silence for a 96 year old from Liverpool who we all dont know and who hasn't lived the live of utter luxury *the Queen* has had?

It's a ridiculous proposition to expect a stadium full of people - the majority of whom dont give a flying one about the woman - to be mournful.

Your position is very clear Dave. However it's a weak stance to say nobody knows the Queen. You may not like her or what she stands for, but countless others have a different view.

You made a comment earlier to someone that they should get a reality check on life in 21st century Britain. You need to get a reality check on life outside of Liverpool. The atmosphere is quite different.

Your position is very clear Dave. However it's a weak stance to say nobody knows the Queen. You may not like her or what she stands for, but countless others have a different view.

You made a comment earlier to someone that they should get a reality check on life in 21st century Britain. You need to get a reality check on life outside of Liverpool. The atmosphere is quite different.

I don;t think Dave lives in Liverpool

Suck it, Bitch!

1D01E05F-C804-4A87-9CC9-E2F45F83B451.jpeg
Breaking out the big guns for the minutes silence €10 each or 2 for €15 pm me !!

Won't boo anything - I'll observe a minutes silence with no issues as I would for anyone whose death we mark at Goodison.

I certainly won't be singing the national anthem, but equally I wouldn't boo it

And I won't be joining in any applause on 70 mins either

We will have marked the Queen's death with a minutes silence - there's frankly no need to mark her death twice further at a football match by singing the national anthem or a further minutes applause. She's no more or less important than anyone else who has died in my eyes, so while you should (in my view) respect the passing of anyone, I object to being told do it three times inside 90 minutes. Hence I'll respect the silence, but I don't need to engage any further.

Just on TV, a young woman (employee of a TV company) queued for nine hours overnight to walk past a box covered in a flag that may or may not be occupied. Apparently it was a spiritual experience, always wondered how people could be sold the Brooklyn Bridge.
Plenty more where that came from on the daily Mail website

Status
Not open for further replies.