Premier League Squad Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, here's another one of this guy's systems predictions. It's laughable.

1657579834957.png

16th-19th. I think man for man only Bournemouth definitely have a worse squad than us. I think Southampton will run them close. Fulham and Forest have some good players, but we'll see how they fare.

All the other sides definitely have better squads than us.

Statistics can be generated to prove almost anything as long as you pick the data that fits the narrative you want to tell.
The maths he will have done at the moment has too many variables still to be decided for it to have any meaning.
once squads are finalised some of those variables will be fixed, but this year in particular with the mid-season World Cup to factor in then anything could happen In the league.

Statistics can be generated to prove almost anything as long as you pick the data that fits the narrative you want to tell.
The maths he will have done at the moment has too many variables still to be decided for it to have any meaning.
once squads are finalised some of those variables will be fixed, but this year in particular with the mid-season World Cup to factor in then anything could happen In the league.
He's basically using last years underlying stats with some projections on how the championship teams will get on. But I just don't believe it'll follow it that exactly year to year because teams always fluctuate and there is always a luck factor that this won't take in. That's why for me Brentford is overly ambitious. I get the numbers are impressive from last year but the pedigree of their players is pretty meh and I'm just not a believer that they'll automatically play as well and last get all the results.

With good health I think we’d be looking at around 13th-15th. But if a few key injuries happen again then realistically probably 16th-18th.

Tarkowski should make up for Mina. I’d expect CB, RB & LB to all have modest improvements on last season. Midfield is atrocious and unbalanced, as it has been for a while. There’s some upside with Dele & further improvement from Gordon that can help cover for Richarlison’s loss. But we absolutely need a good backup for DCL to avoid the bottom from falling out again. Then we desperately need to add a couple of competent midfielders and some additional goal scorers. Also need someone new on set pieces - we can’t forget how critical it is especially in this league.

Currently the squad is worse than last year so our best hope is finishing 17th unfortunately. Still time to go this window.

What adjustments have been factored in?
You'd have to ask him about details of his model. Last season he had Brentford safely as a mid table side but the other two as relegation fodder. The season before he was high on Leeds.

Exactly this.

Status
Not open for further replies.