Prostate Cancer ….. Basic Self Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

fandjango

Once a blue always a....
Gentlemen
Prostate cancer is real and the demographic on this forum is very much susceptible to it.
A close friend of mine told me one day that I appear to have some of the symptoms … so I called the doctor … who did a basic test (PSA blood sample) and from that I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer
That was 4 years ago . I still have some cancer and it’s under control but if I hadn’t been warned by my friend the situation might be much worse
So please listen to me
Let me be your friend
WATCH OUT FOR THESE SIMPLE SYMPTOMS
1 Frequency of pee visits especially in the night … DO NOT IGNORE THIS AS IF ITS A SIGN OF NORMAL AGEING it is but it should also be taken as a possible warning sign

2 Flow rate …. Simply put ( and quoted by the late great Parkinson ) if you can’t stand a step away from a wall and write your initials in pee you need a check .

Both of the above symptoms are probably benign symptoms but gentlemen do not ignore them.

The best thing to do is ask your Doctor for a PSA blood test … there is nothing to worry about here …. Nothing will be inserted anywhere other than a needle in your arm.

The PSA isn’t a perfect test but it’s good enough for peace of mind

3 Other symptoms such as blood and pain when peeing are a no brainer … get to the doctor immediately

PROSTATE CANCER IS THE MOST COMMON CANCER IN MEN BUT IT ONLY KILLS WHEN ITS DETECTED LATE

WATCH YOUR FLOW
BE AWARE OF HOW OFTEN YOU GO
REGULARLY ASK YOUR DOCTOR FOR A PSA TEST

thanks for listening

Gentlemen
Prostate cancer is real and the demographic on this forum is very much susceptible to it.
A close friend of mine told me one day that I appear to have some of the symptoms … so I called the doctor … who did a basic test (PSA blood sample) and from that I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer
That was 4 years ago . I still have some cancer and it’s under control but if I hadn’t been warned by my friend the situation might be much worse
So please listen to me
Let me be your friend
1 Frequency of pee visits especially in the night … DO NOT IGNORE THIS AS IF ITS A SIGN OF NORMAL AGEING it is but it should also be taken as a possible warning sign

2 Flow rate …. Simply put ( and quoted by the late great Parkinson ) if you can’t stand a step away from a wall and write your initials in pee you need a check .

Both of the above symptoms are probably benign symptoms but gentlemen do not ignore them.

The best thing to do is ask your Doctor for a PSA blood test … there is nothing to worry about here …. Nothing will be inserted anywhere other than a needle in your arm.

3 Other symptoms such as blood and pain when peeing are a no brainer … get to the doctor immediately

PROSTATE CANCER IS THE MOST COMMON CANCER IN MEN BUT IT ONLY KILLS WHEN ITS DETECTED LATE

WATCH YOUR FLOW

thanks for listening
great info there frandel, keep safe and get checked if necessary guys.

Gentlemen
So please listen to me
Let me be your friend

WATCH YOUR FLOW

thanks for listening

Thanks for sharing. love this forum.

I'm sure we can come to some arrangement and just pretend it's a medical issue

Call me hun xx
Your GP can check it by a finger plus gel examination to check your prostrate is not enlarged, with not much discomfort takes 5 minutes .......of in doubt he will do the blood test ....,.
Common killer for men if cancerous as it spreads everywhere in that area ......
So check ups are vital .......if your urination alters as @fandjango points out ......

the late great Parkinson

E3A11E30-FF45-4D8A-B5FD-C0D9116E57A2.jpeg

Your GP can check it by a finger plus gel examination to check your prostrate is not enlarged, with not much discomfort takes 5 minutes .......of in doubt he will do the blood test ....,.
So check ups are vital .......if your urination alters as @fandjango points out ......
Shut up Joey

I'm gonna bum him something rotten

Gentlemen
So please listen to me
Let me be your friend

WATCH YOUR FLOW

thanks for listening
Excellent thread, post. Very informative. My Dad has prostrate Cancer, had it for years, He had the same symptoms you described but his was also the amount of urine passed, not a lot considering the huge feeling of bladder bursting he felt.
BTW, glad your doing well mate. Early discovery is key.
Take heed gentlemen.

5 soddin minutes with a finger up your bum.... Or a blood test ...hmmm

does that cost extra? Asking for a friend.

My dad had it, and as I’ve been peeing quite a bit i went for a check last week, had the finger up the hoop, wasn’t even that bad tbf, said all good up there.

my doctor told me that psa tests can give false positives. I did one of those last check up a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.