Prostate check

I'm available whenever hun. WhatsApp me x
burt-reynolds-middle-finger.gif
Was gonna ask you… but I needed a full finger 😂

Yay !!!! Another lighthearted and fun thread on this here fine forum.
Long story short, been suffering for a few months with constant abdominal pains and a few other symptoms so finally bit the bullet today and got it checked, my mates findings were inconclusive so I think I’ll go to the doctor instead….. only kidding…. Seriously, went to the doc and luckily it was a slim fingered lady GP rather than a Prince Charles handed bloke.
Went through the indignity and embarrassment of the arl bum hole break in first and then had a few other checks… doc wasn’t happy so sent me straight to the hospital who were great. Had a few more tests and examinations (not another one of them thankfully) but I was at the docs, sent to hospital, got seen to and was home within 6 hours. Excellent service. More blood tests and stuff next week and getting tested for celiac disease too which ain’t great but hey ho, I’d rather change my diet than be in constant discomfort and pain.

Anyhow ,,, what I’m saying is don’t be embarrassed to get checked guys, it’s intrusive yes, but the benefits long term far outweigh that 1 minute of indignity. Better catching things early than putting it off (gives ironic thumbs up)
A most sobering and intelligent post, hope it goes well for you.

(@mods what the hell is going on with this place, it has a reputation to uphold)

Hope it's turn out well @Kurt. mate

My mate feared he had the big C at 46 but it turned out, after months of tests, to be Celiac. Can hardly eat anywhere and can only drink shorts. Huge side effect is he's now a huge bore. Hope you get better news.
I have coeliac mate, it’s not as bad as you think. Yes it is limiting, but you can drink pints, kirkstall brewery do a great beer called virtuous, it’s lush. There’s a tonne of other beers out there both on draft and bottle.

Can drink cider also… most restaurants will do something for you, sadly I can confirm though it does appear you do become a total bore!!!

Not to take away from the original point.. which is good

I have coeliac mate, it’s not as bad as you think. Yes it is limiting, but you can drink pints, kirkstall brewery do a great beer called virtuous, it’s lush. There’s a tonne of other beers out there both on draft and bottle.

Can drink cider also… most restaurants will do something for you, sadly I can confirm though it does appear you do become a total bore!!!

Not to take away from the original point.. which is good
With the celiac, how soon after diagnosis and a change in diet did you start to feel normal’ again… what I mean is no pain, no discomfort etc

….very similar experience for me at the moment following a nasty bug called C-Diff @Kurt. I had my female GP do a bum bowel test only last week, it’s absolutely no issue. I’ve had it twice now and it’s easy.

I’m awaiting further tests at the hospital, guaranteed within a fortnight so it’s a concern but I understand things happen at my age. My daughter is a Consultant surgeon and if something doesn’t seem right I have no problem telling her.

If the plumbing or drains aren’t right, don’t hesitate guys ;)

Last edited:
Sounds mad this, but I went to my GP’s when I was fifty and asked for a test, as I thought it was the best thing to do and got turned away - “ we don’t do it, unless you’ve got symptoms “

Fast forward a few years and I started to get the symptoms - getting up a few times a night to go the bog, much worse if I’d had a drink.

This time they let me see a GP.

Turns out it’s enlarged, nothing bad just enlarged and now have to take a tablet every day, which stops the trips to go he bog as much, due to relaxing the bladder or pay private for an op - having seen what that entails, no thanks !!!!!!

Apparently it varies from area to area whether you can get a check at fifty, but with hindsight I wish I’d not been so naive and just lied, saying I had symptoms first time around and got it checked earlier.

Yay !!!! Another lighthearted and fun thread on this here fine forum.
Long story short, been suffering for a few months with constant abdominal pains and a few other symptoms so finally bit the bullet today and got it checked, my mates findings were inconclusive so I think I’ll go to the doctor instead….. only kidding…. Seriously, went to the doc and luckily it was a slim fingered lady GP rather than a Prince Charles handed bloke.
Went through the indignity and embarrassment of the arl bum hole break in first and then had a few other checks… doc wasn’t happy so sent me straight to the hospital who were great. Had a few more tests and examinations (not another one of them thankfully) but I was at the docs, sent to hospital, got seen to and was home within 6 hours. Excellent service. More blood tests and stuff next week and getting tested for celiac disease too which ain’t great but hey ho, I’d rather change my diet than be in constant discomfort and pain.

Anyhow ,,, what I’m saying is don’t be embarrassed to get checked guys, it’s intrusive yes, but the benefits long term far outweigh that 1 minute of indignity. Better catching things early than putting it off (gives ironic thumbs up)
Fingers crossed mate. Even so, prostate cancer is one of the more 'benign' forms with relatively low mortality rates, especially if caught early. Even then you might not get an active intervention (so called 'watchful waiting'), and still be alright.

Good advice here though folks - don't be afraid to get checked.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back