Prostate check

Yay !!!! Another lighthearted and fun thread on this here fine forum.
Long story short, been suffering for a few months with constant abdominal pains and a few other symptoms so finally bit the bullet today and got it checked, my mates findings were inconclusive so I think I’ll go to the doctor instead….. only kidding…. Seriously, went to the doc and luckily it was a slim fingered lady GP rather than a Prince Charles handed bloke.
Went through the indignity and embarrassment of the arl bum hole break in first and then had a few other checks… doc wasn’t happy so sent me straight to the hospital who were great. Had a few more tests and examinations (not another one of them thankfully) but I was at the docs, sent to hospital, got seen to and was home within 6 hours. Excellent service. More blood tests and stuff next week and getting tested for celiac disease too which ain’t great but hey ho, I’d rather change my diet than be in constant discomfort and pain.

Anyhow ,,, what I’m saying is don’t be embarrassed to get checked guys, it’s intrusive yes, but the benefits long term far outweigh that 1 minute of indignity. Better catching things early than putting it off (gives ironic thumbs up)
Oddly enough have my first check up later this morning after experiencing some lower abdominal pains for a few weeks. Made the appointment for some tests but feel fine now after cutting right down on booze and caffeine.

Will keep everyone updated

My GP is 6’6” and has hands like Andre the Giant. When I turned 50 and went for my check I was delighted that he had a young, slender student doctor doing a placement. The young lad wasn’t sure if he was feeling anything and had to get my doctor to double check. Very uncomfortable.

Good service though, I left a review on their website, two thumbs in.

With the celiac, how soon after diagnosis and a change in diet did you start to feel normal’ again… what I mean is no pain, no discomfort etc

I started to notice change after a couple of weeks, but its gradual. Some dont notice much at all. What you do notice, if you accidentally do eat gluten after a while is the attack is more severe.

Some recommend taking dairy out of your diet also, as that can aggrivate. Only for a period though, say 6 months, then slowly start back on it. As it turned out i am lactose intolerant also, a happy accident say!!

But overall it can take up to 2 years to feel normal.

I would recommend taking vitamins, such as vit d3, b12, c, and magnesium to start. These can assist, d3 most important as the conduit for your body to process other vitamins. As initially your body will be limited to what it can process due to your villi being flat and affected.

If you need any further info, feel free to ask, ive been at this for about 13 yrs so am fairly offay with most things.

Good luck.

Just been through this and on A Fast Track service as offered in Northants, PSA tests are rising regularly but last months did drop a tad, got a flow rate test next week, then more bloods and see if they wanna do biopsies, MRI showed just enlarged(which I have to say, hadn't applied anywhere else as my old fella retreated like the Italians after the Recral Probe!!) and no sign of cancer, which is a positive.

If you need a pee and in a queue behind me, try and find another bog, as the stream is slower than a Gomes surging run!

Anyway, all the very best @Kurt. and you are right, don't ignore, get it checked, my missus boss had his done and well, let's just say, left it way too long 😞

💪💙

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back