Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in no way giving BFS any credit for that West Ham game. Don't get me wrong Unsy didn't look great but he won bot home games he had in the prem. I think he could have kept us up easily and possibly progressed himself.

I am in two minds really.

On the one hand, the confirmation that a new manager, any new manager, was sitting in the stand watching the game is bound to have had a galvanising effect on the players.....just as it would in any walk of life when a new guvnor comes in.

But on the other hand, we were totally atrocious for the first twenty minutes of the second half when Hammers could and should have had at least two goals to draw level....Lord knows what would have happened after that.

It took a penalty save and Wayne’s worldie to settle the issue in our favour.

So on balance, I am not chalking that game up on Sam’s plus column.

That's slightly out of context though. Hull had won their first two games of the season but then only won one of their next 18 games before he took over. Silva made a massive difference to them, but ultimately wasn't good enough to keep them up. I'd have taken Silva previously, but I have to admit that the troubles he had at Watford have made me doubt that he's the candidate we're looking for.
It's only the way any given person wants to see it, I see a manager who took over a struggling team and ended with a bigger gap than he started with. The pretty football means nothing if you ultimately get relegated etc, but yea I see your point.

I personally want Silva nowhere near us

Sam already said he spoke to the players.

They were playing for their positions in the team as the new manager watched in the stands.

It's not a coincidence they tried 1000x harder in that game than every other one of Unsys.

Sam famously claimed that he spoke to the players before Hammers and explained to them “the importance of scoring the first goal and keeping a clean sheet”.

I would suggest my ten year old grandson would be well capable of imparting those pearls of wisdom to his team in the schoolyard football game this lunchtime :Blink::blush:

Sam famously claimed that he spoke to the players before Hammers and explained to them “the importance of scoring the first goal and keeping a clean sheet”.

I would suggest my ten year old grandson would be well capable of imparting those pearls of wisdom to his team in the schoolyard football game this lunchtime :Blink::blush:
Well it was better than whatever the other managers were serving up! :D

It's only the way any given person wants to see it, I see a manager who took over a struggling team and ended with a bigger gap than he started with. The pretty football means nothing if you ultimately get relegated etc, but yea I see your point.

You see this whole “Silva near miracle at Hull” business.

It stands absolutely no scrutiny when one looks at their last seven games......and in particular their last three games.

I do hope so, but Marco Silva is not the answer imo, it has to be someone with a proper track record who can coach the players properly.

Like who?

Conte, Simeone, Ancelotti seem pipe dream.

Fonseca is the football hipsters choice - feels very much Laudrup/Vítor Pereira. Not convinced personally.

If Silva is ruled out based on two months after a £10m+ bid was made just to release him, then I fear for the short-termism of the club.

Nah, they took 6 points from the 18 games immediately before he took over and 21 points from the 18 after. He improved them massively, whichever way you look at it.

The equivalent would be Allardyce taking over with us on 15 points from 14 games and us now being on about 45 points. We're not though, we're on 31. He's come in and made virtually no difference. I've said from the outset that I would have expected us to win the games against Huddersfield and Swansea whoever was in charge, so if Allardyce had taken over after those games, his points per game ratio would be worse than his predecessors. People lap it up though because he's an 'expert' at getting teams out of situations they were never in.

Nah, they took 6 points from the 18 games immediately before he took over and 21 points from the 18 after. He improved them massively, whichever way you look at it.

The equivalent would be Allardyce taking over with us on 15 points from 14 games and us now being on about 45 points. We're not though, we're on 31. He's come in and made virtually no difference. I've said from the outset that I would have expected us to win the games against Huddersfield and Swansea whoever was in charge, so if Allardyce had taken over after those games, his points per game ratio would be worse than his predecessors. People lap it up though because he's an 'expert' at getting teams out of situations they were never in.
Sam isn't the answer mate but our squad is dreadful, they need to be looked at as they've failed plenty managers now really.

I 'expect' us to give every game a good go but hey-ho.

I'm just seeing it as people are giving Allardyce far more grief than the previous managers who also underperformed, likely because they personally don't like him.

He'll be gone in the summer anyway and we'll start again, but for me Silva has proven little to nothing.

I am in no way giving BFS any credit for that West Ham game. Don't get me wrong Unsy didn't look great but he won bot home games he had in the prem. I think he could have kept us up easily and possibly progressed himself.
he won one game?!

I still don't get this, unsworth literally won one game and got what, 9 goals conceded in 4 days. Yet people still think of him as some fantastic manager!

Like who?

Conte, Simeone, Ancelotti seem pipe dream.

Fonseca is the football hipsters choice - feels very much Laudrup/Vítor Pereira. Not convinced personally.

If Silva is ruled out based on two months after a £10m+ bid was made just to release him, then I fear for the short-termism of the club.

I think Silva is every bit as hipster a shout as Fonseca is, if I am honest with you.

IMO there are more compelling reasons for swerving him than the fact he lost focus after we approached Watford but let’s suppose that was the case.

(Watford were already sliding down the league after a splendid start and the Hull myth has been debunked by many posters on numerous occasions)

If he spat the dummy out at Watford after an approach from a bigger club was turned down, then who is to say he would not do the same here happen Arsenal or Athletico Madrid or a team of that ilk come looking for him on the back of a twelve or eighteen month successful stint here.

Let's tar and feather Kenwright and Mosh as they're making their way to the ground on Saturday. Maybe egg and flour Fat Sam.

Fascinating, a bunch of minority knee jerker fans trying to force the board to make a knee jerk decision. No point discussing plan B when there isn't even plan A.

We are where we are because of knee jerk decisions.

I salute the knee jerkers for bringing disorder in our world.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back