Quotation (part two)

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty

Sack Sky and donate to GOT...donations are needed
'I took a whack on my left ankle, but something told me it was my right.' - LEE HENDRIE

'It’s different - it’s not the same' - RYAN GIGGS

'The Brazilians were South American, and the Ukranians will be more European.' - PHIL NEVILLE

'One accusation you can't throw at me is that I've always done my best.' - ALAN SHEARER

'Sometimes in football you have to score goals' - THIERRY HENRY

'We all know that promotion is the carrot at the end of the tunnel' - MARK YARDLEY

'I don't make predictions. I never have done and I never will do.' - IAN WRIGHT

'My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7' - DAVID BECKHAM

'If you never concede a goal, you're going to win more games than you lose' - BOBBY MOORE

'Left alone with our own heads on, we can be pretty mental' - TONY ADAMS

'Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had.' - DAVID BECKHAM

'You usually like to play promoted sides around Christmas. They have got two lungs at the moment.' - PAUL MERSON

'I faxed a transfer request to the club at the beginning of the week, but let me state that I don't want to leave Leicester.' - STAN COLLYMORE

'I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what religion yet.' - DAVID BECKHAM

'There's no way the future's over for Martin Keown, Tony Adams or David Seaman.' - ALAN SHEARER

'It was like deja vu all over again.' - SHAKA HISLOP

'I was surprised, but I always say nothing surprises me in football.' - LES FERDINAND

'I was watching the Blackburn game on TV on Sunday when it flashed on the screen that George (Ndah) had scored in the first minute at Birmingham. My first reaction was to ring him up. Then I remembered he was out there playing' - ADE AKINBIYI

'Over the years a lot of great players have left United - I'm sure the same will happen to me one day.' - ROY KEANE

'The stars above Italian clubs' badges shows you how many times they have won the Gazetta' - DAVID JAMES

'I thought from start to finish we really started well.' - JOHN HARTSON

'They was given as good as they got' - JOHN TERRY

'There is a smear campaign against me with facts, which are not true' - TONI POLSTER

'Jörg Berger is such a good coach, he had even saved the Titanic' - JAN AAGE FJORTOFT

'Now the world is my lobster' - KEITH O'NEILL

'He's different, like every manager, I suppose' - UGO EHIOGU

'Second best is not good enough really. Although if someone turned around now and said 'you will be promoted, but you will come in second' then I would take it.' - STEVE HOWEY

'He'll be the leader in the tool kit' - ROBBIE EARLE

'I have a good record there. Played one, won one, and hopefully it will be the same after Saturday.' - STEVEN GERRARD

'We have to be careful not to let our game not be the game we know it should be.' - PAUL INCE

'If you make the right decision, it’s normally going to be the correct one.' - DAVE BEASANT

'At least it was a victory and at least we won.' - BOBBY MOORE

'As a striker, you are either in a purple patch or struggling. At the moment, I'm somewhere in between.' - BOB TAYLOR

'We lost because we didn't win.' - RONALDO

'There's a rat in the camp throwing a spanner in the works' - CHRIS CATTLIN

'This is the one-off occasion and you can't get any bigger occasion than that' - BRYAN ROBSON

'Everything in our favour was against us' - DANNY BLANCHFLOWER

'That's a question mark everyone's asking' - BRUCE GROBBELLAR

'You only get one opportunity of an England debut' - ALAN SHEARER

'Both sets of defenders are doing well for Deportivo' - MICK MARTIN

'The championship is the carrot at the end of the championship' - TONY COTTEE

'That was in the past - we’re in the future now' - DAVID BECKHAM

'It was a game of two halves, literally.' - CHRIS POWELL

'It's a no-win game for us. Although I suppose we can win by winning.' - GARY DOHERTY

'I was both surprised and delighted to take the armband for both legs.' - GARY O'NEIL

'I was really surprised when the FA knocked on my doorbell' - MICHAEL OWEN

'What we have to do is put our teeth into the Premiership.' - PETER SCHMEICHEL

'Wayne Rooney can go all the way to the top if he keeps his head firmly on the ground' - DAVID UNSWORTH

'He managed to make a good hash of it in the end' - NIALL QUINN

'The manager could not even talk to us at the interval - he said we were bad.' - JOHN TERRY

'It's great to get the first trophy under the bag' - MICHAEL OWEN

'I thought from start to finish we really started well' - JOHN HARTSON

'We could be putting the hammer in Luton's coffin' - RAY WILKINS

'You can only do as well as what you have done' - BRYAN ROBSON

'Football's all about 90 minutes' - GLENN HODDLE

'It feels like winning the cup final, if that's what it feels like.' - GRAHAM HAWKINS

'If you stand still there is only one way to go, and that's backwards.' - PETER SHILTON

'I've always been a childhood Liverpool fan, even when I was a kid' - HARRY KEWELL

'It’s going to be difficult for me - I've never had to learn a language and now I do.' - DAVID BECKHAM

'He’s started anticipating what’s going to happen before it’s even happened' - GRAEME LE SAUX

'We seem to be a side that if we don't score we get beat' - JASON MCATEER

'In the last ten minutes I was breathing out of my arse' - CLINTON MORRISON

'It's not just the manager who makes the decision, it's the player who makes the decision. They both decide fifty-fifty to make a decision.' - RUUD VAN NISTELROOY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back