Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Carlo as manager and he got us no where and we played poorly. I think at least Rafael knows he has something to prove or else he'll be hounded out. I myself gave Carlo plenty of the benefit of the doubt and I can't imagine I or others would give Rafael that same treatment. If he can get a real tune out of this squad then I'll be proved wrong and will gladly accept him if he's successful. Taking the Liverpool side out of it he's not been on the up in a while but Carlo was the same I suppose, at least with Rafael this will probably be the last good job that he can get and he's already well settled in the city. I'll back him and am excited to see what signings are brought in, if he does well he'll get the credit as we basically entirely doubt him as a fan base.

Think if we're playing in Europe regularly and challenging for trophies by the time Bramley Moore comes then it'll be hard to find many blues that'd still hold the grudge that he managed them. If he does poorly then he'll be out with little resistance. Anyone talking about not backing him is an idiot, he either does well and you miss out on the success or else he does poorly and you've thrown away the good of the team for the sake of pettiness.

If, against all the odds...lets face it our recent form has been poor...IF, it all goes well will we be singing...

One Spanish Waiter, there's only one Spanish waiter, one spanish waiiiiiter etc.

Benitez is an utter tripe but that doesn’t stop the above from being true.
Everton now the umpteenth club this summer whose fans have taken comfort in that.
I wouldn't have minded Eddie. He did a good job at Bournemouth, seems to be a nice bloke and he's an Everton supporter.

Not overly enthusiastic about Benitez being appointed as would have preferred a younger, upcoming guy but by taking the job his showing some confidence and arrogance knowing how the reaction would be like so if he brings this into our "soft" team why not?

I hate pubs.

They are places that unhappy people visit to drink to forget they are unhappy.

Dunno, mate.

I’ve been the unhappy drunk drinking alone in the pub. Also been the happy drunk enjoying music and mates company in the pub. The pub is just a place - what it is to any individual on any occasion is a bit more nuanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.