2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are partly right, but what first and foremost limits us is the injury situation. Partly also the quality of the players.

But what makes me optimistic is that Benitez knows exactly what he wants from the players, and what players he wants in his system. I also think that this system will eventually make us a top 8 team. Not this year, but next year.

Of course I can be wrong, but I'm willing to give him this season, and maybe next season. For me, stability is the most important thing for Everton right now, and Benitez is a manager who is very competent, and who knows exactly how he wants it.

I do not buy that he is outdated. However, success is difficult to guarantee, especially when it comes to Everton.
Be careful not to confuse stability with consistency. We have been consistently poor all season.
Now where is my paintbrush...?

you think 2 points in 18 and one win in 9 is acceptable? And that's before some difficult games
No, that's not acceptable, but that does not mean firing the manager. You sit down and analyze the situation. One tries to find solutions to the problem, if this over time does not improve the situation, and one can not find any other obvious external reasons for the poor results than the manager, then it goes without saying.

No, that's not acceptable, but that does not mean firing the manager. You sit down and analyze the situation. One tries to find solutions to the problem, if this over time does not improve the situation, and one can not find any other obvious external reasons for the poor results than the manager, then it goes without saying.
I always believe you should never fire anyone unless a better replacement is available. That doesn't necessarily mean another permanent coach, if the Board decides they'd be better off seeing out the season with an interim manager like Manure did then that's an alternative to consider. The interim manager could be internal or external of course.

You are partly right, but what first and foremost limits us is the injury situation. Partly also the quality of the players.

But what makes me optimistic is that Benitez knows exactly what he wants from the players, and what players he wants in his system. I also think that this system will eventually make us a top 8 team. Not this year, but next year.

Of course I can be wrong, but I'm willing to give him this season, and maybe next season. For me, stability is the most important thing for Everton right now, and Benitez is a manager who is very competent, and who knows exactly how he wants it.

I do not buy that he is outdated. However, success is difficult to guarantee, especially when it comes to Everton.

We were playing in a very limited way with the players fit. Hence, when players got injured, it showed how flawed and limited the way they were playing is.

Well, we give a manager more than 12 games. We are 6 points away from relegation, and 6 points up to fifth place. It's a long season.
If we wanted stability we should have held our nerve and kept silva. I’m not saying he was great but he was the manager who in theory at least could build and provide an identity for the long term. Benitez will at best have us punching our weight with a load of ageing pros for a few years and leave us needing to start all over again in terms of pushing on at the end of that. It was just a bad appointment, you can pretend otherwise all you want but you only have to hear goodison when something goes wrong to know that appointing him was asking for trouble.

I think the slight problem is one of the root causes of our problem also do the analysis. They ain't firing themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.