2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are after him and he chooses to turn down a club that he was worshipped at under extremely tight financial restraints but who are now possibly the richest club in the making, then that is some serious respect due, in my opinion.

At the weekend we'll see him stood in the blue corner against a guy who dropped us the second a seemingly better offer came in. A fella who then tried to take our best players with him!

Sometimes the Everton experience feels like a simulation.
Thats a big if.

Very harsh on Moyes. Theres not a manager in the game who wouldnt have dumped us off to take over a Man U side that had just won the title.
He left us in a far better state than he found us.

Yes they have approached him twice in the last couple of weeks.

F49131F5-5A35-4129-A6CD-0ED650645465.jpeg

China was a big project in fairness look at some of the talent that went over there in recent years. Once the Chinese Government stopped the investment / COVID hit he decided it was time to come home and I dont blame him tbh.

They completely changed the rules in China. They introduced a salary cap for new players, so it made it harder to appeal to new foreign talent. Any transfers over a certain amount would have to pay 100% tax. So most of the clubs are now looking at free transfers to avoid paying the huge tax rate. Only 4 foreigners in 1st team squad. No foreign goalkeeper. All the top Chinese talent chose to go to the top 3 clubs, so teams like Dalian had next to nothing to work with, which is why Rafael was brought in to develop the next crop of younger players.

It may even be Napoli he's referring to then (instead of Liverpool).

Well he spent 80m in one year at Real Madrid, 320m in 6 years at the RS, well over 100m in 2 years at Napoli, more than 30m in one year in China, somehow spent 50m per season for 3 years at "skint" Newcastle with one in the Championship. The only side he didn't have money really was Valencia but that was nearly 20 years ago when football wasn't as flush.

Well other than Liverpool and Real, where else did he have a sizable budget to work with? It's well documented that even at Liverpool he was only given a decent chunk to enter the market with once or twice during his entire time there.

He didn't have a decent pot at Real. He brought in 9 players for around 80 mil. Ancelotti paid 90 odd million on Bale 2 seasons before. Wasn't Rafael the first manager not to sign a galactico.

Well he spent 80m in one year at Real Madrid, 320m in 6 years at the RS, well over 100m in 2 years at Napoli, more than 30m in one year in China, somehow spent 50m per season for 3 years at "skint" Newcastle with one in the Championship. The only side he didn't have money really was Valencia but that was nearly 20 years ago when football wasn't as flush.

When you get paid, do you think happy days, I have X amount of money to spend or do you think ah [Poor language removed] after all my expenses I have enough money for a kebab.

He didnt get to spend at Inter but the team had won the Serie A and Champions League a month before he took over.

Status
Not open for further replies.