2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He picked a side that should have beaten QPR last night. Simple as that.

Disagree mate. Said as much prior to the result last night.

That starting 11 last night would struggle in the Championship.

He doesn't fancy the league cup at all and picked a weakened side last night, as he did when we got lucky at Huddersfield. Simple as that.

We'll be laughing and cringing at this team sheet in a few years. Absolute kip of it.

1632312337866.png

They didn't because half our team played utter turd. That's not his fault.

Never the managers fault with that logic.

If he played a full strength squad and we got injuries you'd be blaming him.

AGENDA

Absolutely I would not. I have never ever done that once in my life.

Players can get injured in any match or any training session.

The only agendas are from those defending an overrated manager who just lost to a lower league side. And weirdly enough lots of those shouting at us all to back the manager refused to back the manager last year. I won't be taking lectures on people claiming agendas whenever they are defending an unacceptable defeat.

He doesn't fancy the league cup at all and picked a weakened side last night, as he did when we got lucky at Huddersfield. Simple as that.

That is the 11th time we have exited that cup at that stage, so It's not just RB as a manager who sees it as a burden - our squad is not big enough to be in it .....

Hindsight I know, but I said this during the game last night, he should have brought a taller centre half on far earlier, the distinctly average Austin had a field day against our two smaller centre backs. In hindsight we should have started with one of Keane or Mina.

Godfrey isn’t that small, he just doesn’t like jumping or heading the ball.

It is though. He can't be blamed for squad depth (or rotating) but he can whip a defense into shape. He should do better on that front.
Oh mate I'm not saying he's blameless. I wanted us to win last night like most of us. What i won't do is get involved with the agenda driven lot who have been on his back since day one. I mean what chance has he got when an element of our 'support' are chomping at the bit to blame him for anything and everything. It's not even October yet and listen to some of them

Whether you are pro or anti Benitez I find it quite a disgrace that reading across social media in the last few days, some Evertonians are revelling in our two recent defeats because us losing suits their agenda against the manager.

a bad cult of blerts mate.

A section of our fans are the problem and I used to be first on here to stick up for them whenever people trotted out the "its the fans fault our players feel too under pressure to perform".

But some of the stuff over the last few months has been beyond the pale. We still have a majority that are sensible in fairness but the minority who revel in defeats, fly abusive banners, singing about Ancelotti dying etc. are dragging our name through the mud and are turning us into a banter fanbase on the same level as Newcastle and Millwall.

I think its about the timing and when things are right, the team should be supported through thick and thin - its evident form last season its needed at home.

There has the be a fine balance though from just not accepting what we are given. Tried to get extra tickets for the weekend, sold out, 3000 in London on a Tuesday night, the club right now doesn't deserve that level of support.... the team does, the club doesn't, they need to be accountable for decisions and not delivering. I think we both agree this is a problem.
Huge problem, just can't see it getting better by making Goodison an unpleasant place to play for us. We need to be behind the team on the pitch more than ever.

We'll be laughing and cringing at this team sheet in a few years. Absolute kip of it.

View attachment 139746

You've kind of proven my point mate. He has to pick a team. It's not his fault half of them are rubbish.

Agreed though, looking at that again is horrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.