2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mate, it was at this point (kopite red arrow belwo)

View attachment 139748

That your opinion was this

View attachment 139749

This was sweet wasn't it? ?

And?

Football fan fed up of underperforming football club shocker.

Wasn't demanding the manager be sacked or hanging banners outside his house was I.

You're a really poor WUM mate I preferred it when you used to just post sporadically and with some sense.

It was the Carabao Cup ffs. Of course he wasn't taking it seriously. We have plenty of key players out already for more important games coming up, why risk more only to lose to City in the next round?

This is a terrible competition that needs binning urgently, please don't lose any more sleep over it.

Tell that to the 3k who went down there yesterday. What an appalling losing mentality.

You said he took the game seriously. I look at the team he picked and don't understand how. He rested both starting centre halves and both starting midfielders, and our only fit quality attacker.

I don't rate the manager. Do you want me to lie and tell you that I do. My opinion on him will have zero effect in how long he gets at the club, so no need to be so dramatic is there.

It's a completely unacceptable and avoidable loss. 26 years is far too long. I was less than 2 years old when we won the only trophy of my lifetime, and you expect me to be ok with a manager not taking a cup competition seriously? I can't have the excuses and the losing mentality of this debate.
Losing mentality? From someone who is against our new manager from the off? Ok mate... If he had managed say Spurs or Arsenal instead of the rs and achieved what he did for them you wouldn't be saying you don't rate him in my opinion.

So you can honestly say you were comfortable watching? All it takes is some of those 1-0 wins to be 1-1s and 0-1s. Be honest can you see us getting a win at the pit or any result at United etc?
Yes I was in all honesty, at home nope. Away from home, literally thought we’d beat anyone because of the game plan.

"For me, we still have to improve on last seasons placing, and I would be disappointed and hold Benitez accountable if we fail to improve on 10th. I hope he can push it to 7th or 8th, but that's just me."

Why has he been given more money and been able to sign players we haven't heard about?
Because improvement still has to be the aim. That's the justification in appointing the chosen manager. Even if its minor improvement.

He has been handed duff cards but all things considered, his signings have been great so far, Townsend and Gray I mean, and we are a disinterested James down, and the other player who cannot be mentioned.

Like any manager, his task is to improve the players we already have, and I'll judge him based on results on those merits.

Doing as well as can be expected, and perhaps slightly better. That would be something.

Status
Not open for further replies.