2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always been the same mate, we accept mediocrity all too easily and there has always been excuse after excuse after every defeat etc, and it's come to something when after a defeat at home (were we played like the away side) to West Ham we're now just supposed to accept it and move on.
What else are you supposed to do??......you're a fan and can't influence this. We can't consider sacking a manager or making changes after a defeat. We need to stick to a manager for a few years and let him do his thing - see where it takes us. Chill

Funny you say that, walking out of goodison FT Sunday the team were getting clapped off by people around me, same people clapping off iwobi when he was subbed, just amazed me ( more so the iwobi sub )

Not one for booing myself, but how they can clap off that team after Sunday I don't know.

Yeah I noticed that as well mate. You could understand it if we had put a massive shift in and were unlucky to lose the game, but we were gash.

Well maybe thats because I've woken up to the facht that Everton FC isn't a big club anymore.

Maybe others should do the same for their own sake...

We aren't a big club because we act like a small one in everything we do. It's strange that it took Benitez being appointed for you to show some patience with managers. You were on Ancelotti's back constantly yet are now saying Benitez gets a total free pass whatever happens. It's almost like you have an agenda.

I will not accept these attempts to lower expectations. We expect to beat West Ham at home and I will never be happy with a loss in that sort of game. If you are happy with that sort of performance then good for you, but I'm not. If you don't strive for excellence then you will never get better. Our club is in a mess because of too many people who are happy to merely exist.

What else are you supposed to do??......you're a fan and can't influence this. We can't consider sacking a manager or making changes after a defeat. We need to stick to a manager for a few years and let him do his thing - see where it takes us. Chill

We can criticise, debate and pick up on what went wrong in games (at the end of the day it's a forum for this) without being told to 'get a grip' 'accept it' 'we only spent £1.7m so what do you expect' 'Benitez gets a free pass this season' etc, etc.

We can criticise, debate and pick up on what went wrong in games (at the end of the day it's a forum for this) without being told to 'get a grip' 'accept it' 'we only spent £1.7m' 'Benitez gets a free pass this season' etc, etc.

We can criticise performances but at the end of the day any manager is going to struggle when they have 4 centre forwards and the 3 best ones (I know putting Tosun under this category is a stretch but he is compared to Rondon) are injured.

We can't improve the squad until Jan so we are where we are. We've had two bad results in the league and given our injuries we are lucky it's only two.

We can criticise performances but at the end of the day any manager is going to struggle when they have 4 centre forwards and the 3 best ones (I know putting Tosun under this category is a stretch but he is compared to Rondon) are injured.

We can't improve the squad until Jan so we are where we are. We've had two bad results in the league and given our injuries we are lucky it's only two.

I agree, when we're missing our best players then it is going to be more difficult, but it's swings and roundabouts, we win Benitez is hailed as some sort of maestro by some on here, we lose, we need to stop fuming and move on.

We can criticise, debate and pick up on what went wrong in games (at the end of the day it's a forum for this) without being told to 'get a grip' 'accept it' 'we only spent £1.7m so what do you expect' 'Benitez gets a free pass this season' etc, etc.
criticise before a ball has been kicked, on account of the manager's weight? That sort of criticism? You never gave him a chance at any point. I think it's a bit rich to now be saying you just want to raise issues to find out what went wrong.

I follow you on your post, but one has to look say at the WHU game and the selection and tactics, there is some cricism due there plus keep playng that utter crap called Rondon and not giving younger players a go.

I agree, when we're missing our best players then it is going to be more difficult, but it's swings and roundabouts, we win Benitez is hailed as some sort of maestro by some on here, we lose, we need to stop fuming and move on.

Exactly. I'm not going to get caught up in this or any future managers waffle or he's great after a few results again. Heck Martinez showed why that just doesn't work. Hopefully he takes us forward because if he doesn't someone new comes in and we start over from the beginning. Just give us a stable platform and we will eventually get out of this big hole we have dug for ourselves.

We aren't a big club because we act like a small one in everything we do. It's strange that it took Benitez being appointed for you to show some patience with managers. You were on Ancelotti's back constantly yet are now saying Benitez gets a total free pass whatever happens. It's almost like you have an agenda.

I will not accept these attempts to lower expectations. We expect to beat West Ham at home and I will never be happy with a loss in that sort of game. If you are happy with that sort of performance then good for you, but I'm not. If you don't strive for excellence then you will never get better. Our club is in a mess because of too many people who are happy to merely exist.

I never called for Ancelotti to be sacked - the reality started to dawn on me towards the end of his tenure that we are a club going nowhere.

The PL has 6 clubs and everything in football/the system is designed to keep those clubs relevant from FFP, Profit and Sustainably, the future ESL, VAR and the gap is only going to get bigger and the only club that could likely gatecrash that cabal and buy themselves into it long term is the Geordies with the oil backing.

Everton have no chance of winning a PL title, very very little chance of a domestic cup / top 4 so that leaves 5th-7th at best which even the great Carlo Fanstastico couldn't manage.

Get on Benitez's back, sack him tomorrow, end of the season, end of the one after that it doesn't matter because no world class replacement is coming in and realistically we aint improving on where we are now.

We're 7th-12th club and have been for a long long time its just taken me a while to accept that.

Status
Not open for further replies.