2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree mate but thats on the basis that he's showing he's ready in the training ground and only Benitez/Dunc et al will know that we as fans dont.

Ideally the lad would be out on loan to a Championship/League One side and allowed time to develop.

Goodison is a moody place at the best of times throwing a young kid in isn't ideal unless they have genuine quality i.e. Rooney/Barkley.

….Barkley had been on loan.

I agree mate but thats on the basis that he's showing he's ready in the training ground and only Benitez/Dunc et al will know that we as fans dont.

Ideally the lad would be out on loan to a Championship/League One side and allowed time to develop.

Goodison is a moody place at the best of times throwing a young kid in isn't ideal unless they have genuine quality i.e. Rooney/Barkley.
He's on the bench . So there must be something there . If Rondon got injured ( unlikely because he'd have to be doing something ) he would be brought on . And I'm sure the fans would have him up for it . He would also , I'm sure , be in the box as Townsend and Gray whipped the ball in . Not like Super Ron who would be 80yds away . The fans WOULD give the lad a chance

Michael Cox - who I am in no way a fan of - has absolutely nailed it in the Athletic today.

A total mess from a tactical perspective.

Moyes played Phil Neville in midfield over Barkley didnt see the fanbase demand for his head.

Thats because back then pre Moshiri we weren't a banter fanbase of Geordies.
No . We're Everton fans who are , in the main , level headed . With a few exceptions . And please refrain from referring to the worlds greatest football fans as Geordies. We are NOTHING like them

Absolutely @Eggs .
And to think some fools on here think that Benitez is a better manager than Moyes.

I think they are on a similar level. Moyes has slowly built that team into solid without being spectacular.

Benitez has had one window and has done well with the signings considering the funds he had available besides Rondon that is.

If we sign a couple more in Jan who have a similar impact to Gray and Townsend then it might be the difference between drifting towards nothingness from Feb onwards which is what has happened every year for years including with Carlo who everyone hailed on here, me included.

Our club has been poorly run and a manager isn’t going to be able to fix that in 9 months let alone 9 league games.

Well actually, after 9 games Ancelotti had lost for periods: Holgate, Coleman, Kenny, JPG, Delph, Richarlison and Tosun.

All managers contend with injuries.

Most of those have not featured heavily under Benitez because they are not good enough or have been unfit this year too.

For us to miss Richy and DCL for so long this year is crippling and add in our only real driving midfielder and it’s a disaster.

Even the clubs fighting for the title have dropped off when just one of their key players have been out and they have players on their bench who are already better than our starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.