2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant have ambition for the club to improve and support Rafael Benitez as manager of Everton. Support for the manager means we won't improve.

Until our support start having some standards then we will continue to see debacles like yesterday. The club cannot succeed while it is so divided and we need to end this failed experiment as soon as possible.

All this after 9 league games with massive injuries to key players and no backing in the summer window.

Utterly embarassing.

@Saint Domingo I wonder will this plant pot be so quick to throw the next manager under the bus? Or the one after that? And the one after that?

If you can't see the irony in that comment you haven't spent much time on GOT.
Posting constant drivel doesn’t make it any less drivel mate. Maybe you were sat behind me yesterday moaning about Tom Davies being the cause of all our problems. Happens every game, someone gets one thought in their mind and they can’t see the game properly because they are obsessed with that one thought.

some on here make Danny Murphy look like a master pundit with their analysis

All this after 9 league games with massive injuries to key players and no backing in the summer window.

Utterly embarassing.

@Saint Domingo I wonder will this plant pot be so quick to throw the next manager under the bus? Or the one after that? And the one after that?

You can’t disagree with his point that the fanbase is divided beyond repair though. The simple fact of the matter is that, whether you rate Benitez as a manager or not, he should not have been appointed for this reason. He can’t succeed under these circumstances. The only person I blame for this is our ballbag owner.

Utterly embarassing.

If you could refrain from personal insults and have a debate I could take you more seriously.

I think it's pie in the sky to think Benitez turns this around when all the evidence is that it's nigh on impossible, and the club is the most divided I've seen. The evidence is that this will never work. This is the key factor, by far the most important, but not the only one. I don't see one example of such a divisive appointment working anywhere in modern football.

He was given backing to sign his back up forward and picked someone who can't even get themselves fit. He has made us significantly more vulnerable defensively and we are appalling at both ends at set pieces. I want to have hope and optimism, but I am a realist. When the facts tell me something is never going to work then I cannot support it because I don't want the club to fall even further back.

If you give me your reasons why you think I'm wrong I'm happy to have a genuine debate. But if all you have is insults then how can we have a sensible discussion.

Utterly embarassing.

When the pitchfork brigade can identify the managerial candidate who can lead us to European football dealing with FFP constraints, the worst medical department in the league, and Keane Coleman Davies Iwobi in the squad, then we can debate their merits against the current incumbent and whether the benefit is so obvious that it’s a rational decision to relieve a manager after 9 games.

Moyes played Phil Neville in midfield over Barkley didnt see the fanbase demand for his head.

Thats because back then pre Moshiri we weren't a banter fanbase of Geordies.
With respect mate, I think we, the fan base are quite right to be fuming at the shambles yesterday. Watford are garbage. It’s a disgrace to capitulate how we did when leading with 12 minutes to go. Yes the players rightly get stuck, but the manager has to carry the can for that . His subs were appalling.
you’re arguments make vey little sense and it’s a bit insulting of you to keep referring to us as a ‘banter fan base if geordies’. Which you have done all day in your posts. If I’m honest mate, you seem very righteous and angry and I think your are a little bit creepy.

You can’t disagree with his point that the fanbase is divided beyond repair though. The simple fact of the matter is that, whether you rate Benitez as a manager or not, he should not have been appointed for this reason. He can’t succeed under these circumstances. The only person I blame for this is our ballbag owner.

We're all grown and women end of the day - anyone who cant back the manager because of his Liverpool connections 15 years ago then thats on them as individuals.

I couldn't care less who manages us providing they do a decent job and this fella hasn't been given anywhere near long enough to say one way or another.

We learnt the hard way last time chasing Alladyce off only to bring in the young "progressive" Silva which cost us £200 million in the process to go nowhere/backwards.

Lets not make the same mistake again. Back him, give him time and his OWN players.

I think as we go on with this slow rebuild under Rafael, we have to get used to the occasional results like this.

We are inconsistent, we all know that. A good number of our players aren't good enough, we know that. Is the manager doing his best with a squad that by and large isn't his and is currently experiencing a major injury crises; yes, he is.

I'd be interested to see what happens with this total review of the club instigated by Rafael as another poster has mentioned; would be good to see a change come as a result.

All those calling for Rafael's head, or saying he'll be gone soon; get over yourselves. The board backs him and he's going nowhere. So get behind him, accept that some days results are going to go against us and back the team.

As for the relegation thread, really?

Utterly embarassing.

We've won 1 of our last 6 games in all comps.

Villa (A) - 0-3
QPR (A) - 2-2 (lost on pens)
Norwich (H) - 2-0
Man Utd (A) - 1-1
West Ham (H) - 0-1
Watford (H) - 2-5

Any manager would, and should, be fair game for criticism after such a run.

No but let’s be honest, Mina has been in and out this year even more than he usually is and he is our best instinctive defender.

Keane has always been dodgy and Godfrey has suffered because an extreme case of COVID.

Benitez apparently made it clear he wants a top CB in asap so it’s something he knows about too. Our problems at defence in the present are caused by our failings before Rafael came in.

With 15 mins to go yesterday it looked like a game plan well executed to get a win when we aren’t on form and down on a few key players. Benitez cannot be blamed for a 15 min capitulation by our entire team.
With 15 mins to go Ranieri made the decisions and motivated his team to spectacularly turn the game around.
He totally outthought his counterpart, these are the margins on which managers are judged and our current manager failed the test miserably yesterday.
Out managed by our former manager last week and Ranieri this week.
And he continues to play Rondon for 90mins.

This is the main point. How can a manager succeed in such an environment. The club is divided top to bottom and is in a complete mess. How can the manager possibly turn this around? It's pie in the sky, and absolute blind hope. This is an experiment that was going to be a failure from day 1. End it now before it gets worse.

Whats the gist?

He picks out faults with the players tbf, and points to how much Mina was missed, Godfrey's failings at CB.

But also points out Benitez's decisions, the way the atmosphere turned with the Gordon sub, how it was basically chaos with no organisation and Benitez failed to react.

Status
Not open for further replies.