• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was fuming but at the right targets:

Marcel Brands
Bill Kenwright
Moshiri to an extent
The gutless players who've thrown manager after manager under the bus.

Do these idiots slamming the manager really believe everything gets suddenly rosey if we sack him tomorrow? Have they been in a coma the last 7 years under 5 different managers ranging from young progressive to experienced Champions League winners?

Im more than happy to debate with sensible people but when its just a group of angry middle aged blokes just annoyed that the manager once managed Liverpool then I dont have time for that pettiness.

Benitez was to blame for yesterday though.

He brought on Iwobi when he should have brought on a defensive player to shore up the game. That was a huge mistake.

It doesn’t help when either side of the discussion ignores reality.

You can’t disagree with his point that the fanbase is divided beyond repair though. The simple fact of the matter is that, whether you rate Benitez as a manager or not, he should not have been appointed for this reason. He can’t succeed under these circumstances. The only person I blame for this is our ballbag owner.
This is it exactly, it could never ever work

Marcel Brands
Bill Kenwright
Moshiri to an extent

Do these idiots slamming the manager really believe everything gets suddenly rosey if we sack him tomorrow? Have they been in a coma the last 7 years under 5 different managers ranging from young progressive to experienced Champions League winners?

Im more than happy to debate with sensible people but when its just a group of angry middle aged blokes just annoyed that the manager once managed Liverpool then I dont have time for that pettiness.
Your ignoring one thing, that his record over the last 10 years is abysmal and proves that the game has moved on while he is stuck in the past. I really dont care who he has managed in the past although of course his connection to them was a worry because of the potential it has to split the fan base, as is now happening. But as i said his methods are antiquated and his ideas stuck in the past, his 10 year record didnt lend him to being next Everton manager, not because he is a kopite but because he is a poor manager in the modern game. No side can survive on 41% possesion over a season and hope to be competitive, you just end up getting overran as happened yesterday. 39% of our shots on target have ended up as goals, league average is 32% and in 5 games 50% of our SOT have ended up as goals, thats insane numbers (luck) and it wont last, when it levels itself out, we are going to find ourselves in real trouble.

He brought on Iwobi when he should have brought on a defensive player to shore up the game. That was a huge mistake.

The problem is mate there wasn't much on the bench and even if lets say we blame Benitez if that game finishes 2-2 (because I can understand criticism over the zonal marking) to finish 5-2 with 4 goals conceeded in 15 minutes im sorry pal thats 110% on these gutless players caving in at the sign of any pressure.

If Benitez has to play 5-6 defensive players against kin Watford then something seriously wrong with our players.

This is it exactly, it could never ever work

Your ignoring one thing, that his record over the last 10 years is abysmal and proves that the game has moved on while he is stuck in the past. I really dont care who he has managed in the past although of course his connection to them was a worry because of the potential it has to split the fan base, as is now happening. But as i said his methods are antiquated and his ideas stuck in the past, his 10 year record didnt lend him to being next Everton manager, not because he is a kopite but because he is a poor manager in the modern game. No side can survive on 41% possesion over a season and hope to be competitive, you just end up getting overran as happened yesterday. 39% of our shots on target have ended up as goals, league average is 32% and in 5 games 50% of our SOT have ended up as goals, thats insane numbers (luck) and it wont last, when it levels itself out, we are going to find ourselves in real trouble.

But so was Moyes who suddenly everyone thinks is boss again after been given TIME at West Ham -

Relegated with Sunderland
Sacked by Utd and Real Sociedad

Now look at him - thats what patience can bring you not chasing him out the ground 9 games in with half our squad injured and pennies given to spend in the summer.

Marcel Brands
Bill Kenwright
Moshiri to an extent

Everyone but giving any blame to the manager who is apparently a tactical genius. I haven't called for benitez to be sacked in the morning etc, I want him to shoulder some of the blame (which he didn't do at all in his post match analysis). I'm also calling out hypocrisy from posters like you and a few others, who seem to think he is infallible even after we conceded 5 at home to a garbage team. Everyone accepts there are other faults and others to blame, but he is part of it is what you can't seem to comprehend.
And we were in good form when we had our only two good strikers fit.

We won 1 in 8 without Doucoure last season and our record without Richarlison was awful under both Silva and Ancelotti.

How many times does it need showing that when we lose certain key players we simply fall to pieces?

Its Grandpa Simpson shouting at a cloud meme you can fume but you're fuming at the wrong person - replace Benitez with Guardiola and we still go on poor runs with certain key players injured and thats on Marcel Brands and the recruitment over the years which has left with a shocking squad that is barely PL quality.

How many kin times do we have to sack managers before you all wake up and start holding the right people to account?

Benitez is a fat kopite pig WHO CARES start focusing on the real problems thats been here long before the manager rocked up.
What leads you to believe he cares? The fact we pay him several million a year? Or because he has supported us all his life? Or because he has spent several years positing on his blog and social media about our rivals?

Everyone but giving any blame to the manager who is apparently a tactical genius. I haven't called for benitez to be sacked in the morning etc, I want him to shoulder some of the blame (which he didn't do at all in his post match analysis). I'm also calling out hypocrisy from posters like you and a few others, who seem to think he is infallible even after we conceded 5 at home to a garbage team. Everyone accepts there are other faults and others to blame, but he is part of it is what you can't seem to comprehend.

What leads you to believe he cares? The fact we pay him several million a year? Or because he has supported us all his life? Or because he has spent several years positing on his blog and social media about our rivals?

Im not arsed if he loves us or not, im not arsed what colour his christmas tree or underpants are - he's Evertons manager and I want him to do well so either back him and give him time or stay away from Goodison as you aint a supporter in my opinion you're someone happy for the club to fail so you can say I told you so.

But so was Moyes who suddenly everyone thinks is boss again after been given TIME at West Ham -

Relegated with Sunderland
Sacked by Utd and Real Sociedad

Now look at him - thats what patience can bring you not chasing him out the ground 9 games in with half our squad injured and pennies given to spend in the summer.
Im no fan of Moyes but you can clearly see that he has changed his ways and methods to adapt to the modern game. It probably took him longer then it should have, but he has done it and now gone is the knife to a gunfight type mentality. Benitez has changed nothing, has never adapted and i think its pretty clear he never will

Thing i stick up for Rafael as he is the right nan for the job, but he badly messed up yesterday.
However you cant pin it on him alone, when professional players are making mistakes like yesterday.
Townsend, Pickford, Richarlison and Gray, the rest were terrible.
That team on the pitch should of seen the game out, theres was just far to many errors, I've genuinely never seen a capitulation like it

Marcel Brands
Bill Kenwright
Moshiri to an extent

Really don’t think the criticism Benitez is getting today has anything to do with his past managerial positions. I think it’s, quite rightly, because he cocked your big time with his subs, in game management and to the whole worlds bafflement how i gods name he didn’t hook RonDon or even start him

Im no fan of Moyes but you can clearly see that he has changed his ways and methods to adapt to the modern game. It probably took him longer then it should have, but he has done it and now gone is the knife to a gunfight type mentality. Benitez has changed nothing, has never adapted and i think its pretty clear he never will

He's changed nothing but the attitude and players at the club - Antonio is his Yakubu, Coufal and Cresswell providing the width are his Baines/Coleman and Behrama is very much like Pienaar with ale house defenders like Dawson aod Ogbonna strong as oxes at the back.

If you expect the last 7 years to be fixed in 9 league games all I can say is you're gonna be in for major disappointment as not even Alex Ferguson could grow Michael Keane a backbone.

Im not arsed if he loves us or not, im not arsed what colour his christmas tree or underpants are - he's Evertons manager and I want him to do well so either back him and give him time or stay away from Goodison as you aint a supporter in my opinion you're someone happy for the club to fail so you can say I told you so.
So why talk about him caring about us if its apparently not important to you. Also, you spent all summer telling everyone to get behind the manager and the team, yet you come here now and slate everyone in the team. Get behind them, they can do no wrong if you follow your instructions from only 9 games ago.

You have no right to tell someone to stay away from goodison or make claims that they aren't supporters. Get over yourself.

I'm also not the one advocating for the manager who has just overseen our biggest home loss for years against a newly promoted team to stay for 3 years to lead us into our new ground. Yet I want the club to fail.....

Last edited:
So why talk about him caring about us if its apparently not important to you. Also, you spent all summer telling everyone to get behind the manager and the team, yet you come here now and slate everyone in the team. Get behind them, they can do no wrong if you follow your instructions from only 9 games ago.

You have no right to tell someone to stay away from goodison or make claims that they aren't supporters. Get over yourself.

Im pretty sure 90% of Goodison don't want fans attending who want the club to fail.

You've been on the managers back from day one therefore you aint a supporter in my mind.

That's not me saying you aint an Evertonian its saying you are happy to cash in your supporter card when it suits you which for me isn't support.

Slate the manager making bad decisions that fine, demanding him sacked after a pre season friendly defeat is something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.