2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thing i stick up for Rafael as he is the right nan for the job, but he badly messed up yesterday.
However you cant pin it on him alone, when professional players are making mistakes like yesterday.
Townsend, Pickford, Richarlison and Gray, the rest were terrible.
That team on the pitch should of seen the game out, theres was just far to many errors, I've genuinely never seen a capitulation like it
I blame Benitez for not winning this game and injecting uncertainty in the squad with the Iwobi change.

The ridiculous folding... That's just more proof of how rotten this whole squad is.

If you expect the last 7 years to be fixed in 9 league games all I can say is you're gonna be in for major disappointment as not even Alex Ferguson could grow Michael Keane a backbone.
But i dont, in fact i know it wont be, why? Because Benitez is incapable of fixing it. I didnt need 9 games to know that much, his last 10 years told me that before he ever stepped foot on Usmanov's yacht. I worry about people who believe he is capable of fixing us tbh, nothing he has done shows any evidence of that and the real question is, how much more is going to have to be fixed once he is gone, be that in 1 month, 6 months, 12 months or 5 years. This miracle you are waiting for, where he gets backing and and he somehow undoes the so many wrongs of the last 7 years, isnt happening, he dosent have that in him im afraid and that is the question, how much time does he get to add to the list that needs to be fixed? because as sure as night follows day that list will get longer not shorter while he is here

Im pretty sure 90% of Goodison don't want fans attending who want the club to fail.

You've been on the managers back from day one therefore you aint a supporter in my mind.

That's not me saying you aint an Evertonian its saying you are happy to cash in your supporter card when it suits you which for me isn't support.

Slate the manager making bad decisions that fine, demanding him sacked after a pre season friendly defeat is something else.
I never demanded him sacked after a pre season defeat. I also haven't made comment on him for weeks now until yesterday. You literally said that in your eyes I'm not a supporter. I don't support the manager, I support the club. And fully believe this appointment is a mistake. So I'm not going to cheer him. Are all the fans who booed his sub and left after Watford 3rd and 4th goals not fans either?

When the 5th went in, did you think "I'm enjoying this
What excellent management"

I was fuming but at the right targets:

Marcel Brands
Bill Kenwright
Moshiri to an extent
The gutless players who've thrown manager after manager under the bus.

Do these idiots slamming the manager really believe everything gets suddenly rosey if we sack him tomorrow? Have they been in a coma the last 7 years under 5 different managers ranging from young progressive to experienced Champions League winners?

Im more than happy to debate with sensible people but when its just a group of angry middle aged blokes just annoyed that the manager once managed Liverpool then I dont have time for that pettiness.
I’m not middle aged but old so hopefully you will debate with me.Nor am I a Geordie.
We have made some major mistakes over the past few years with player and manager recruitment so what did the board do,yep even worse,they appointed a man who would divide the fans.I didn’t want him here,not just for the RS link but mostly because I don’t like his style of football and how he usually blames everybody but himself.
I have supported the team in every game this season and I love it when we win and to be fair the signings of Gray and Townsend have been excellent so far and at times we played better than most of last season.
The QPR game was the first time I criticised him for as I thought he changed too many players in the centre of defence and midfield. From then on he has had problems with injuries,those are beyond his control.
However the past few games have shown that areas in his control aren’t working. Whether that be defensive set ups,substitutions,game management or selection.Yesterday was a prime example.
Sacking him now won’t solve anything but the least I expect from any manager is to admit(even just to himself) that what they are doing isn’t working and changing it to make it work.If he does that then great but I don’t believe he has that strength of character.
I think you are right to say that the owner and board are culpable in this but to constantly defend him when he has made mistakes does you no justice

I never demanded him sacked after a pre season defeat. I also haven't made comment on him for weeks now until yesterday. You literally said that in your eyes I'm not a supporter. I don't support the manager, I support the club. And fully believe this appointment is a mistake. So I'm not going to cheer him. Are all the fans who booed his sub and left after Watford 3rd and 4th goals not fans either?

When the 5th went in, did you think "I'm enjoying this
What excellent management"

You and others slated him from day one, slated him after that pre season defeat, were calling him a fat pig, changing avators to stuffed pigs etc.

Thats not support in my eyes regardless of your feelings towards Benitez the person. I have much more respect for those who made it clear from the off that they didnt like Raffa and were finished with the club until he went - I didn't agree with that stance but I respect it.

What I cant respect is the ones who dont like the bloke but use any excuse to wade into slamming the guy - like we win Burnley 3-1 but because they scored 1st and we had a poor 1st half he was crap, a dinosaur etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.