2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Potterball is still no1 choice in the Kults eyes - with his 16th place finish last season and 1 win in 7 current run this season.... scintillating stuff.

You have some others, Zat has gone hard on Anorim - some young Portuguese fella who can barely speak a word of English and is doing well in a league Marco Silva looked boss in - lets just hope he's better than Zats shouts for us to spend £65 million on Emerson & Aarons at RB lol

Which is all well and good if this was May, the managerial target had been warmed up for a few months that he would be taking over, we had his transfer plan ready to enact, he had a full pre season ahead with a squad to embed his ideas. Even then it would be a gamble but at least we’ve laid the best possible circumstances.

This is mid season, we have an injury crisis, we have a squad of players who barely work for any manager they have and won’t think twice of seeing some rookie thrown under the bus. It’s just not the time to throw in an unknown quantity.

Benitez will see us through to the end of the season with no problems and then he’ll be tasked with rebuilding from there. Nothing else was really on the table once Ancelotti screwed us half way through summer and FFP tied our hands in the market.

Its gone being past a lie.

I actually think those people are stupid.

There cant be any other explanation.

Imagine if Arsenals board hadnt hired Wenger, or Uniteds didnt go for Ferguson, City and Pep, RS and Klopp, Chelsea and Tuchel.

But apparently were not allowed to hire managers with no Premier league experience.

Thats just stupid.
Our best manager in recent times had no PL experience, but he was also a young hungry up and coming manager. Something our fans wouldn’t stand for nowadays.

I think it could be more dangerous if we don't sack him in my opinion
Look at United sacking Ole, they have handed the job to Carrick, which shows they havent thought of an alternative, do you think we have, a club ran even worse? do you really trust them to get this next one right? i dont

But you would fire the manager tomorrow, I assume. So what would be your plan? Its not an unreasonable question.

Personally, I think we are knackered. 5 years catching up I am afraid.
It is an unreasonable question though. I have no idea who is available or who could be convinced to come here, the only ones capable of answering that question are the ones in charge. Why do I need to have the replacement identified before we can say that this man is not doing a good enough job?

What's more, the whole question itself is an exercise in futility as the Benitez Brigade will shoot down any other suggestion in favour of sticking with a manager who has 1 win in 9 and sinking down the table.

Whoever it is has to be someone on the right trajectory who we could feasibly get 5 years out of if things went well. I don't know who that is right now because these days I only have the attention span for Everton as far as footy goes.

Our best manager in recent times had no PL experience, but he was also a young hungry up and coming manager. Something our fans wouldn’t stand for nowadays.
I think they would now, like soeone mentioned the fella at MK Dons last night, im not saying him but if we went lower league again and took a risk on someone that we dont have a pre-conceived opinion of he should get more support

But people backed Carlo, even though he was terrible, the reason they are backing Bemitez now is more to do with the circumstances we have found ourselves in and how dangerous it would be to sack him
They backed him because he had us competing for Europe until the last few matches of the season. Your rewriting of history is just farcical.

We never once looked at the relegation zone like we are now under him.

12th and 10th
12th in the first season after the damage had already been done by the time he took over.

10th, and that was the lowest we fell in the table and only on the last day of the season. You lot would be planning a parade and getting your blue cardinal outfits dry cleaned if that was what we got from Benitez.

None of you are even backing this fraud to equal the massive failure of Ancelotti finishing 10th on 59 points. Not a single one of you thinks Benitez is going to better that or do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.