2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing a couple of bottom of the league teams? Once we finally started playing anyone decent we fell apart. The injuries coincided with that but don't excuse it.

We played better against Utd and Spurs than we did Watford & Norwich.

The whole '"games are won on paper" fixture list talk is rubbish.

I am afraid I don't rate Benitez at all, why does he continually keep playing Rondon and Iwobi when everybody knows they are useless and please don't say we don't have any other players. We should be giving the young players a chance, they are better than those two and how are they going to learn if they don't play.

So why isn't the manager getting those performances out of the players at Watford and Norwich???

I'm glad we finally agree that he isn't doing his job well.

Who knows?

Maybe the same reason as to why Koeman, Silva, Ancelotti and Alladyce struggled with these players.

Are you going to blame the next manager and not the players if Benitez was replaced and we continue finishing 8th-14th?

I like how you get offended by others using abusive terms towards someone else when your own rhetoric towards them is lined with an insinuative subtext. (Radicals, cult, brigade etc).

What other term can you give to a sect of the fanbase who engage in the following:

1. Putting threatening/abusive banners outside the stadium/managers home

2. Personally abuse their manager on social media

3. Having a meltdoon over a pre season result

4. Wanting a manager sacked before the season even started

5. Ignoring any valid defence of the managers position and blaming him for 99% of the problems at the club.

Its embarassing at present and has been for months. The blokes here, he once managed Liverpool - get over it and give him a chance to sort this club out or do the right thing and stay away until he's gone if you can't offer any support and just want to destabilise the club even further than it already is.

I have no issues if the manager thinks that Simms isn’t good enough to start at his age, he sees the player day in day out.
My issue is putting him on the bench when he is never going to come on.
Earlier this season Simms was the only CF on the bench, we took the striker off and put a midfielder On upfront. That’s frustrating for the fans and maybe the player too.

What other term can you give to a sect of the fanbase who engage in the following:

1. Putting threatening/abusive banners outside the stadium/managers home

2. Personally abuse their manager on social media

3. Having a meltdoon over a pre season result

4. Wanting a manager sacked before the season even started

5. Ignoring any valid defence of the managers position and blaming him for 99% of the problems at the club.

Its embarassing at present and has been for months. The blokes here, he once managed Liverpool - get over it and give him a chance to sort this club out or do the right thing and stay away until he's gone if you can't offer any support and just want to destabilise the club even further than it already is.
Why do posters who disagree with you need a term? Especially a term laced with subtext as if they are inferior, or evil in some way etc

1) I very very highly doubt that was done by any posters on here. It was pretty much universally condemned on this site.
2) so because they abuse someone, you can use pretty suggestive rhetoric about them? Them doing something, doesn't make it all right for you to do something. You can call them out for it, but it's pretty hypocritical when looking at some of the language you use.
3)+4) Their view is just as valid as yours. They are stakeholders in the club as they invest their time and money into supporting it, just as you do. Your view is no more correct than theirs. Granted we don't agree and we will both post things as fact (as we both consider them), but doesn't mean they are "stupid" or "simple" it's just a difference of opinion.
5) Literally all are blaming him for the football we are watching, not 99% of the problems. In general, posters acknowledge the other issues at the club (the board, brands and the rest) but are fed up of seeing us not win games. But this is the benitez thread and is the appropriate place to criticise him for that said football.

I have no issues if the manager thinks that Simms isn’t good enough to start at his age, he sees the player day in day out.
My issue is putting him on the bench when he is never going to come on.
Earlier this season Simms was the only CF on the bench, we took the striker off and put a midfielder On upfront. That’s frustrating for the fans and maybe the player too.
I have issues that he thinks rondon is good enough though

Remind what happened to those managers?

I blame them both, I just know which one is easier for us to replace.

Benitez will get rid of the troublemakers in the ranks if given the time he's already booted Donachie when other managers have just sat back collecting their pay packet happy with the mediocrity around them.

Make no mistake Jakey he is the antidote to the venom that is circulating through this clubs veins.

Status
Not open for further replies.