2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Results solve everything. The likelihood though is that thery wont come without the spine of that team back in place.

That's just the way it is.
I'd hope that 29 points, like last season will see teams staying up. When we eventually get our spine back I hope we can reach, and then surpass that figure. Our acid test will be when we play Newcastle who could possibly still be looking for their first win. We all know what happens then.

I'd hope that 29 points, like last season will see teams staying up. When we eventually get our spine back I hope we can reach, and then surpass that figure. Our acid test will be when we play Newcastle who could possibly still be looking for their first win. We all know what happens then.

We won't go down and those even mentioning are also the same few who want rid of Benitez immediately. We're on a poor run of form without our best players, when they're back we'll start competing properly again (if you took DCL and his goals out of the team last year we'd be performing no differently) but I suspect another mid table finish at the end of the season.

We need 45 points - a situation I and a couple of others on here called over a month ago.

The squad is - incredibly after spending half a billion (which is why Brands should be dragged out of his office and metaphorically slapped around Halewood) - as bad as it's been for a quarter of a century.

I think more people need to get their heads around that and start getting real.

We won't go down and those even mentioning are also the same few who want rid of Benitez immediately. We're on a poor run of form without our best players, when they're back we'll start competing properly again (if you took DCL and his goals out of the team last year we'd be performing no differently) but I suspect another mid table finish at the end of the season.
I’ve said the same thing a few times now but while I don’t think we’ll actually go down the possibility really shouldn’t be dismissed out of hand. The next week or so is massive in that regard, if we win on Sunday then yeah it starts to look remote but if we were to get nothing from the next 3 then you’d have to have your head in the sand to not think we could go down. Any team getting 1 win in 12 at any point is in danger of going down.

loel.gif

You can see what we're up against here. "He'll have to go...15 points out of a possible 60" ...when there's been 36 on offer so far.

It's hilarious, it really is.

Ahh take half of a conversation to try and make someone look stupid?

My original reply was to someone who mentioned he can't see us picking up points until the Newcastle game - 8 GAMES FROM NOW. 12 + 8 = 20.

DO YOU NEED A CALCULATOR TOO?

See what 'WE' are up against.

Olsen is better than Begovic

James and Townie are equal in terms of what they offer differently to the side

King is better than Rondon

Gray and Siggurdsson I would say equal - Gray suits us more in terms of pace/ability but you do lose a decent amount of goals and assists under the Sigmeister.

Overall we're a weaker squad this season imo which is what happens when you spend only £1.7 million.
They aren't. Townsend more suited to how RB wants to play clearly but it's clear as day that we've missed someone with anywhere near that quality.

King hardly got used though so we can't really count him.

Gray is definitely better suited for RB's play but if GS wasn't absent then he'd 100% be playing

Then that says more about those fans that they'd go for him, and not deal with reality, when they surely know the squad is lacking in quality and that any manager needs time to get on top of this mess.

My question over the last 24 hours here has been: what makes some think they can just stamp their feet and demand that another manager they will tolerate must come in and take up the baton?

The massive ego of these people.
Much the same entitled ego as you yourself showed about other managers over the last few years!
Thats what internet forums are all about and you are a doyen of the genre sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.