2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree its not going well - but my argument is who can make things any better?

Yes an Alladyce or Pulis could come in to "stabilise" us - but no one wants that 95% of our fans were made up when Alladyce went.

Calm heads and patience must prevail.

Allardyce had Gueye Rooney DCL, a decent Tom Davies, 50 million to spend, and turned out turgid football so bad he was fired after 6 months.

and some people want him back to manage these clowns? Go for it, why not, let’s go fully into Dante’s circle of hell, as if it’s not been bad enough already, let’s get Sam Allardyce and Sammy Lee back.

Benitez deserves criticism - but not as much as the players and, especially, the board.

I'd sack Benitez in the morning if it meant we were also sacking Brands, Baxendale, Kenwright, and everybody up to Moshiri. In the absence of the required clearout, I see zero point in sacking the manager. He hasn't been backed. Getting rid will solve no long-term issues in the absence of a total purge. Putting hangers-on of dubious repute in charge, such as Ferguson, Unsworth, or Baines, would be window-dressing of the lowest kind and hasten total demise. It'll make a few sentimental types feel better for a few days, but nothing will be solved in the medium term.

At this point, I don't care about relegation. I was terrified of it under Smith, Kendall, Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, and Silva. We made the changes we had to make, albeit too late, in most cases. But I've seen that avoiding relegation to simply make up the numbers and repeat the process is the very definition of doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. It's the very definition of madness. An Everton that truly competes for titles and trophies is worth preserving. An Everton that just wants to make up the numbers might as well be relegated. The club needs a total reset. Relegation would, if nothing else, bring that evil day forward to finally be confronted. We could do a Sunderland or we could renew. No guarantees. But I am past caring. We've had over 30 years on life support. Pulling the plug might at least offer the faint hope of an after-life.
Disgusting sentiments throughout that abomination of a post

If we're firing him it has to be for a long term replacement. Someone with a plan and vision who will be given ample time to fix it. The club has to be open about the longer term nature of it so the fans understand why we do things like go to Chelsea and get slaughtered while trying to play and get better.

None of this will happen so Benitez stays until we're prepared to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.